Accelerate at Leeds Beckett University
A programme of intensive support for ambitious businesses based in the Leeds City Region.
Regain control of your business, build resilience and prepare yourself to embrace the new business landscape with our new Accelerate programme launching in July.
Reshaped and delivered virtually, Accelerate combines 6 online masterclasses with a weekly live webinar where you can discuss and explore key topics.
Up to 15 hours of one to one mentoring support from our University academic and industry experts.
• A series of 6 pre-recorded Masterclasses covering key topics such as Re-setting the Business, Re-connecting with Customers and Moving my Finances Forward which you can access flexibly.
• A weekly live webinar to explore the Masterclass topics and have the opportunity to discuss these with our academic lead and other businesses. All webinars will run from Tuesday 10:30–11:45am
• Resetting the business – 28th Jul
• Explore the external environment post Covid and look at how your customers, market, behaviours and business will be impacted. Regain control and determine your immediate priorities.
• Reconnecting with customers (Sales & Marketing)– 4th Aug
Understand how Covid may have affected your markets, stakeholders and the end users. Explore sales, negotiation and pitching techniques to reach new customers and identify new opportunities.
• Making Your website work harder (SEO/Digital Marketing) 11th Aug
Learn some simple steps to improve the online user experience and explore SEO techniques to help generate more sales leads.
• Bouncing Back – 18th Aug
Develop a strategy for recovery and explore opportunities to pivot your business and plan for growth.
• Hitting the Ground running – 25th Aug
Review your business operations and the key challenges faced in adapting to new habits and opportunities. Look at how to manage your business culture and team post Covid.
• Moving my finances forward – 1 Sept.
Determine your financial priorities and review the revenue and cost structures of your business. Focus on lean start up and ‘bootstrapping’ to grow your business.
• Guided learning tasks and access to a resource library to help you complete your own Action Plan for recovery.
• Up to 15 hours of one to one mentoring support.
• Access to wider University support including student and graduate talent and opportunities to collaborate on research projects.
• Access to grants and funding.
Funded by the European Regional Development Fund, Accelerate at Leeds Beckett University is part of the AD:VENTURE programme.
It is aimed at businesses who are:
• Looking to grow and create jobs in the Leeds City Region
• Delivering their product or services to other businesses rather than direct to the consumer.
• Looking for a structured programme, with flexible one to one support, which will keep you on track to help achieve your goals.
Email to register your interest. Once we have confirmed your eligibility you will be given access to our online programmes and mentoring.
To register your interest, or to find out if your business is eligible for support, please contact us:
- T: 0113 812 5977
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ad:Venture Programme
Leeds Beckett University is a partner in the AD:VENTURE programme, which brings together Universities from across the Leeds City region with local Councils, Chambers and with private sector partners. The AD:VENTURE partners offer a diverse range of expertise and services to support young businesses to grow.
For more information on the Adventure Project and its partners please visit
Leeds Beckett University is a proud partner in the Ad:Venture programme. We appreciate the vital role entrepreneurs and growing businesses have to play in our City-Region’s economy and through this programme we will be able to support more businesses to grow by matching specific business needs to our academic and business experts.Simon Baldwin, Head of Enterprise and Operations
University Business Centres
Our University Business Centres in Leeds, Halifax and Wakefield are the perfect place to locate your business. As a special offer for our Accelerate clients we are able to offer free registered business address for free for 6 months. Visit the University Business Centre website for more information.