msc sport coaching
Use your passion for coaching to plan and evaluate long-term programmes as you compare and contrast theories from a range of disciplines.
As governments look to promote the benefits of lifelong physical activity and sports bodies and clubs strive to ensure talented athletes fulfil their potential, the demand for highly qualified coaches has never been greater.
Informed by expert coaches, this course will increase your skills and expertise and enhance your career as a professional sports coach.
As part of your course you’ll:
- Plan, deliver and evaluate long-term coaching programmes that consider and prioritise the developmental needs of participant
- Draw on insights from contemporary practice and research to add depth to your existing knowledge and skills
- Direct your learning towards your own practice and career goals through option modules
With an established Research Centre for Sport Coaching, you'll be taught by top class coach experts who produce world renowned research on the topical issues of sports coaching.
As well as working with course staff with excellent research and industry experience, you’ll have the opportunity to meet internationally renowned guest speakers, giving you a wider view on the industry.
You’ll graduate with new insights about what coaching strategies work for you and your participants and why.
Why study Sport coaching at Leeds Beckett University
- Course taught by top class coach experts who produce world renowned research on the topical issues of sports coaching
- Direct your learning towards your own practice and career goals, with a range of module options to choose from
- Meet internationally renowned guest speakers, giving you a wider view on the industry, and the direction it is heading
- 91.2% of students from Carnegie School of Sport courses in work or further study 15 months after graduating*
- 90% of students from Carnegie School of Sport courses were satisfied with their course**
- Study in the university’s new £45m state-of-the-art Carnegie School of Sport building
*Graduate Outcomes 2020
**National Student Survey 2020
I have always had a passion for physical development within sport and I am now able to combine a variety of roles as a lecturer, researcher and coach to help our students and youth athletes achieve their potential.
everything you need to know
Grade: GPA of 2.5 or above
English language requirements: Bachelor degree from an American University
Other relevant qualifications may also be considered as part of your application. Please contact us for more details.
Fees & funding
Find out more about the cost of the course, which includes your university tuition, your accommodation fees, and your coaching programme.
TEACHING & LEARNING
We were awarded silver status in the latest Teaching Excellence Framework, reflecting our commitment to deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
As well as learning from expert tutors, you’ll be assigned an academic advisor to give you tailored feedback and support. Our subject-specific librarians will also direct you to the specialist learning and study-skills resources that will underpin your studies.
- You will be assessed entirely by coursework
What you'll learn:
- Participant & Performer Development
- Understanding & Analysing Sport Performance
- Research Process
- Optimising Skill Acquisition and Learning
- Applied Coaching Project
- Professional Coaching Practice