Fully Funded PhD Studentships Carnegie School of Sport - Starting October 2019
For an October 2019 entry, the Carnegie School of Sport is offering a number of prestigious PhD Studentships with doctoral projects in the areas of Active Lifestyles, Applied Obesity, Rugby Science, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Human Performance and Sports Coaching.
The School has a long established PhD studentship investment programme funding awards to outstanding students from around the world. In addition to fees (UK/EU) being paid for and an annual stipend of £15,009, a further £1000 enhancement to the stipend is available to support the research projects.
Our students interact with leading peers in our areas of research and work collaboratively on world-leading research as part of our significant strategic investment in international research. The School has a proven record of outstanding quality research, ranked second nationally in the Power Ranking for REF2014 ‘Sport and Exercise Sciences, Leisure and Tourism’.
We deliver our international research through research centres and themes, with the interdisciplinary and applied nature providing challenging and rewarding work for our students that leads to extensive opportunities to develop new and valuable skills.
The School is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic students who will fully engage in our dynamic and vibrant research environment.
Each studentship comes with
- A stipend of £15,009 per annum (pro-rata into 12 monthly payments)
- UK/EU Fees paid for a period of three years
- Laptop, office space and £1000 to support the research project are also provided
- The closing date for applications is midnight on 27th May 2019
- Interviews will be held at our Headingley Campus on 1st, 2nd and 4th July 2019
- Submit your application to one of the listed projects through the links below and follow the instructions in 'How to Apply'
- It is a requirement that the successful applicants will be based full-time at our Headingley Campus
Who to contact if you have a question
Academic and Project: to discuss the project or the academic element of your application contact the Director of Studies listed against in project
Carnegie School of Sport: If you have a general enquiry, please contact Samantha Sherman in the Carnegie School of Sport Office at email@example.com