It has been really informative and helpful in understanding what the core principles of coaching areDelegate Feedback
We offer bespoke leadership and performance coaching, complemented by mentoring support and delivered by accredited and qualified coaches to ensure programmes are tailored to your needs. Mentoring is provided alongside coaching to help leaders improve their performance and also support the development of colleagues. These techniques can empower people to make the necessary changes for success and can lead to transformational change across an organisation.
The list below provides examples of the types of leadership and performance coaching that can be accessed:
Individual coaching and mentoring
- To improve and enhance performance, including staff recently appointed to leadership roles.
- To help identify collective responsibility, shared values and vision.
Leadership team coaching
- How to coach and mentor colleagues, improve performance and set challenging goals.
- How to handle difficult conversations to increase staff accountability.
Senior leadership team coaching
- How to develop a coaching ethos and culture that welcomes appropriate challenges.
Costs are available on request and vary according to duration, the numbers of people involved and the type of coaching support required.
If you would like to know more about how we could meet your leadership and/or performance coaching development needs, please contact us:
Case Study - Coaching for Excellence
It has given me the tools to support others and inspire them to reflect and improve their own practice – thank you!Delegate Feedback
The aim of the programme was to develop the capacity of leaders and Teaching Champions to drive progress through their teams. The programme was aligned to Wakefield City Academy Trust (WCAT) principles and delivered in partnership with senior leaders to participating academies within WCAT.
Participating leaders undergoing coaching training were volunteers, selected from line managers, consistently good/outstanding teachers (Teaching Champions) and core subject leaders. Each were selected on their appropriateness and commitment to improving the quality of teaching. The explicit intention of the training was to develop a coaching culture within each academy, which would offer ongoing support to leaders and ensure capacity building was in place for future sustainability.
All participating leaders were expected to attend a series of three twilight sessions (a total of six hours). These were highly practical, offering opportunities for leaders to put theory into practice through a scaffold approach and by utilising learning between sessions.
The coaching programme developed specific coaching and mentoring skills for leaders by providing participants with the opportunity to apply what had been learned in their leadership role. The programme supported leaders in raising attainment, moving their team to consistently good and beyond through a programme of ongoing coaching within each participating academy.
The benefits of the sessions were acknowledged as enabling leaders to successfully grow and develop skills that would:
- Uphold standards of achievement through enhanced professional dialogues with staff.
- Enhance teamwork as each academy developed a more positive ethos of support and challenge.
- Increase ownership and accountability for collective and personal success.
- Create a culture of openness about effective learning strategies.
- Significantly reduce conflict solutions.
A total of 48 senior and middle leaders from secondary (the majority) and primary schools undertook the training and the programme was certainly deemed a success based on the feedback received:
- 82 per cent rated the training as excellent/very good.
- 88 per cent rated the supportiveness and expertise of the facilitator as excellent/very good and 12 per cent rated this as good.
- “It has given me a boost of confidence to realise that I have the skills to help others and to work out my own issues.”
- “Great encouragement. Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable presenter.”
- “Brilliant – thank you for the enjoyable, informative and worthwhile development sessions.”
- “Very personal, open and a good environment to learn this new skill.”