This focused workshop will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to improve the financial management and efficiency of your school, enabling you to better oversee the financial performance of your organisation and make sure its money is well spent.
This is part of a series of workshops, others include:
The workshop is suitable for all school governors who want to further develop their understanding of key school governance processes and systems.
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
We offer a bespoke training service for Governing Boards. If you are part of a cluster, Teaching School Alliance, Multi-Academy Trust or wider partnership and would like to run this programme for your group of schools, please contact us. Our sessions can be delivered at a venue to suit you.
It made me understand the functions of a school business manager and how we can, as a school, look at buying collaboratively.Delegate's Feedback
This workshop supports governors to understand and apply the three core functions of a governing board.
- Develop a better understanding of efficiency and effectiveness and its link to outcomes.
- Understand a governor’s role in terms of efficiency and good financial management, including the importance of the ‘challenge’ function.
- Be able to interpret relevant financial and other performance data.
- Gain an insight into effective workforce deployment.
- Increase your awareness of the Efficiency metric and the Benchmarking scorecard.