Our aim with secondary students is to challenge and encourage, giving them the opportunities to learn outside of their formal education as well as to improve and develop relations with other students and teachers.
The activities are designed to develop the important bounds of trust, communication and mutual support to provide a practical application of learned skills in preparation for GCSEs.
We can work with you to tailor activities to meet curriculum requirements for key stages 3 and 4. Our qualified instructors will make sure the students have an enjoyable adventure and provide new and exciting challenges and act as positive role models for the students.
We can also help if you'd like to be able to offer something different to your students for GCSE Physical Education. We have experience in providing canoeing, kayaking, climbing and Duke of Edinburgh award activities to help students to further develop their experience of physical education at GCSE level.
We offer a range of one-day events and also residential experiences, providing opportunities for young people to explore, discover new things and try new activities. From hill and mountain walking to ghyll scrambling, abseiling or canoeing, we have a whole range of activities that many students have never tried.
The benefits of our courses include:
- enhances learning as pupils move towards exam periods
- increased resilience and determination
- increased self-confidence and self-esteem
- increased independence and responsibility
- improved communication and team work skills
- face challenges and gain experience in the outdoors
- increases trust and respect amongst students and teachers
- develops and strengthens friendships amongst students
- can form the foundation of life-long interests
- improved health and wellbeing
- ability to empathise and understand new perspectives
- increased aspirations and motivation
- increased knowledge and understanding of the outdoors and natural environment
Through our relationships with multiple accommodation providers we have access to a variety of country houses, bunkhouses, camping barns, hotels, hostels, and campsites in stunning rural, coastal and city locations throughout the UK.
We have been organising outdoor adventurous activities with our school for many years now and the week with Carnegie Great Outdoors has by far been the best. Without exception we were really impressed with the way the staff managed the programme of events, related to our children's individual needs and above all the professional way in which they worked to ensure that our students got the best experience possible. All of our students managed to climb the highest mountain in England, canoe across the deepest lake and climb (and jump down) the most magnificent Ghyll in the land; these big adventures will stay with them for the rest of their lives and it was only possible due to the tireless efforts of Carnegie Great Outdoors.Dominic Halls, Thomas Mills High School, Framlington, Suffolk