Well Met Wishes Happy First Birthday to Cloth Hall Court
27 September 2018 - Well Met
Well Met, the conference office at Leeds Beckett University, is celebrating the first anniversary of Cloth Hall Court, its dedicated conferencing venue, based in the city centre, that’s just two minutes’ walk from Leeds Train Station.
There’s a lot to celebrate as the venue, which underwent a £4.5 million refurbishment, has surpassed all expectations, smashing occupancy projections, exceeding budget by almost £25,000 and amassing a number or awards for its high-spec facilities and excellent customer service.
Clare Vidler Conferencing Manager for Well Met, said: “We’ve had a great year first at Cloth Hall Court and the venue has surpassed all of the targets that we had in place. Visitors and delegates are very positive about the facilities and the city centre location is proving to be a real winner.
“We’ve had a very busy twelve months welcoming visitors and guests and hosted some fabulous conferences from a wide range of sectors and industries from the NHS and Corporate Law to some of the more unusual, such as international conference specifically for knee surgeons and a Toy Conference. Cloth Hall Court’s successful first year has allowed us to double the team from six to 13.”
With an emphasis on dynamic, versatile spaces and a tailored delegate experience, each of its three floors provides the perfect environment to collaborate, engage, relax and inspire this well-connected venue is the ideal place to bring delegates together.
As we wish a happy first birthday, here are some highlights from the first 12 months of Cloth Hall Court’s journey:
- 839 events hosted
- 107,344 delegates through the doors
- £7.8 million generated in enquiries for the first 12-month period
- Cloth Hall Court welcomes up to 20 new companies each month
- The Conference team has more than doubled in size, from 6 to 13
- Hosted the 2017 Transport Summit, sparking national debate around transport funding for the Northern Powerhouse
- Achieved AIM Gold accreditation
- Celebrated 10 years of Well Met the University’s Conference Department.