Clinical skills CPD
Cervical Cytology Sample Taker
To develop appropriate knowledge and skills in order to confidently and competently undertake cervical screening as part of the national programme.
NHS funding may be available for students meeting eligibility criteria. £1200 for self/employer-funded students.
This module will allow you to develop appropriate knowledge and skills in order to confidently and competently undertake cervical screening as part of the national programme.
Module content includes:
- Background, content and organisation of the NHS National Cervical Screening Programme
- Equality of access to screening
- Understanding test results including HPV triage and test of cure
- Anatomy and physiology of the pelvic organs
- Practical aspects of taking cervical samples
- External visits to Care Pathway i.e cytology lab
- Colposcopy and call/recall service (West Yorkshire Central Services Agency)
Everything you need to know
Must be a qualified, registered health professional for a minimum 12 months, must identify and submit an 'in-house support' that meets the criteria and submit an audit of the clinical environment. must have support from your line manager if applying for SSPRD funding.
Students will be assessed against level 6 academic criteria which includes: 2500 word written assessment, external mentor assessment in practice, online learning.
Academic Credit (20 Credits).