Developing an Inclusive approach in supporting Trans Pupils in PE
This workshop will ensure that you have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the key actions that can be embedded within your school planning to support any pupils who are going through gender reassignment, giving them an equal opportunity to succeed and flourish as their non-trans pupil peers.
8 weeks (with x2 live 90 minute sessions)
£105 - please email for group discounts
When a pupil goes through a gender transition whilst in school they transition alongside the whole school. PE and school sports are a difficult and challenging 'hotspot' within education environments. They bring a unique set of challenges for both the child and the sports staff who want to help and support them, whilst facing a number of challenges for the first time.
The workshop will enable delegates to:
- Support school colleagues in ensuring trans* pupils remain attracted to school sport and develop a lifelong love of physical activity, similarly to any other pupil in school
- Support school colleagues to provide lessons that boost inclusion, engagement and productivity within PE lessons or sports sessions
- Support school colleagues to mitigate risk surrounding trans* inclusion, ensuring a strong awareness of the legislation surrounding gender identity and expression in schools, helping limit the risk of litigation and damage the risk to your school’s reputation
It will also offer delegates the unique opportunity to:
- Share examples of outstanding practice and take away practical ideas ready to apply with any transgender students in their school from the very next day (or in anticipation for any trans* students who may come out in the future)
- Learn from cutting-edge international research into best practice for the inclusion of transgender students in PE and sport in schools
Format: Online Learning with live facilitated sessions and moderated feedback.
Visit the Centre for LGTBQ+ Inclusion in Education.
Follow us on Twitter: