Clinical skills CPD
Eating Disorders Short Course for Dietitians
A taught course aimed at upskilling dietitians in the area of eating disorders. It is taught at level 7 (masters) and covers all areas of eating disorders, assessment and treatment. Taught by Ursula Philpot (Registered Dietician) and Dr Suzanne Heywood-Everett (Psychologist).
22 May 2023 23 May 2023 19 June 2023 20 June 2023
This 4 day course has been designed to reflect the healthcare and educational needs of Dietitians working within the field of eating disorders, with the aim of supporting the development of specialist skills and competencies that underpin practice within this setting.
The course will extend the knowledge of eating disorders by integrating nutritional, physiological, psychological and psychosocial perspectives, current treatments and service user needs.
The programme is taught by highly qualified and experienced specialist practitioners and academic staff who have peer-reviewed published work.
The course introduces core themes in the management of eating disorders including:
- Critical discussion of current evidence base, pathways and outcomes
- Development of the skills and strategies for supporting behaviour change in eating disorders
- Evaluation of the multi-professional team MDT in treatment and management of eating disorders
- Dual diagnosis
- Trans-diagnostic approaches to care
- Development of care pathways that incorporate monitoring and evaluation of care
- Translation of the evidence base into service delivery and outcomes
- Application of knowledge into practice with critical analysis of topics relevant to practice areas
Everything you need to know
A registered dietitian. The course is aimed at dietitians, but we have had other Multi-disciplinary Team members attending, for example Occupational Therapists and Nurses.
Please contact Ursula Philpot to discuss if this is the right course for you.
The course is not formally assessed, but submission of a CPD portfolio of evidence for learning via Pebble pad is required for certification.