TBC March 2022
Level 6 - £1200 / Level 7 - £1000 / Subject to eligibility SSPRD (NHS) funding may be available
Suitable for practitioners working with health and social care clients. This module is run in partnership with Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.
Module content includes:
- Discussing the sources and transmission of infection, host susceptibility and antimicrobial agents in relation to control and prevention of infection.
- Critically evaluate current infection control practice, considering the impact on patients, staff and carers/visitors.
- Analyse the importance of leadership and change management in implementing evidence based practice in the prevention and control of infection.
- Use electronic clinical knowledge databases to locate; access and critique current best evidence on infection control and prevention practice.
Everything you need to know
This course is run in conjunction with Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. Course dates to be confirmed
Semester 2: 9am - 4:30pm
- 3 consecutive days of study (i.e. Tue, Wed, Thurs)
- 1 day for presentation