15 January 2021, 19 March 2021, 14 May 2021, 28 May 2021
This the module aims to provide students with the opportunity to critique and evaluate the ethical and legal theories, principles and concepts that underpin current health and social care practice
Module content includes:
- Overview of law and key principles including clinical negligence
- Personal and professional values and identity
- Ethical principles and theories
- Autonomy and consent
- Confidentiality and truth telling
- Justice and resource allocation
- End of life
- Ethical issues in specific areas of practice
Everything you need to know
Confirmation of support from your line manager, access to a supervising practitioner with experience and competence in obtaining arterial blood gas samples.
Tutor assessment throughout the session and in simulation. Students are provided with a competency profile to use as a framework within their practice to identify suitability to undertake arterial blood sampling.