First Aid CPD
Basic First Aid at Work with AED / FAW Update (Half Day)
This half day course can be used as a stand-alone Basic First Aid qualification or can also be attended as an Annual Update for current First Aid at Work and Emergency First Aid at Work certificate holders.
Headingley Campus, Leeds Beckett (Precise venue details to be confirmed in the joining instructions.)
The First Aid – Basic Skills / FAW Annual Update is for those wishing to update their skills within any 3 year period of completing the First Aid at Work or Emergency First Aid at Work qualifications. The course also acts as a first level qualification for those wishing to gain basic knowledge of what to do in an emergency.This qualification may be suitable for those wishing to gain a basic First Aid qualification (3.5 hours) as a pre-requisite for various National Governing Body coach education qualifications.
Since 1 January 2014 all our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation recommendations.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Assess the situation in an emergency
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
We can offer preferential rates for returning customers and block bookings, please call 0113 8127437 for details.
Everything you need to know
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
With each refresher course, I feel more confident with the skills taught and feel like I have regained more of the detail. Very worthwhile.
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours. You will be continuously assessed on your skills throughout the duration of the course.
A Basic Skills certificate, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful Basic Skills candidates. An Annual Update certificate which is valid for one year, will be awarded to all successful Annual update candidates.
Very professional delivery, friendly and great interaction. Thank you!