Cardio Tennis Coaching
Six hour practical CPD course (6 Licence Points) for LTA Licenced coaches (Level 2 Coaching Assistants / Newly Qualified Level 3 Coaches) who would like to develop their skills for coaching Cardio Tennis.
Silksworth Community Pool, Tennis and Wellness Centre, Silksworth Lane, Sunderland, SR3 1PD
Cardio Tennis is an energetic, fun, fitness-based tennis product that all your members can get involved in and is a great addition to club programmes. The workshop will include:
- What is Cardio Tennis and how to structure an energetic cardio session.
- Ideas for warm ups, drills and side line activities.
- Use of heart rate monitors and music.
- Quality Feeding for Cardio to maximise the energy levels of all players.
- How to market Cardio Tennis as part of your programme.
Everything you need to know
Candidates must fall into one of the following categories:
- Registered Tennis Level 2 Coaching Assistants
- All LTA Licensed coaches
- Qualified Fitness Instructors (REP’s Level 2 or above and current REP’s members)
Applicants should check their eligibility with the Lawn Tennis Association.
Tutor assessment throughout.
Coach Development Centre
In September 2020 Carnegie Coach Education at Leeds Beckett University became an approved Coach Development Centre for the Lawn Tennis Association. CCE will be one of only 12 centres across the country who are permitted to deliver LTA accredited courses.