First Aid CPD
Emergency First Aid at Work with Sport and AED Training (One day)
This is a competency based course, designed to train individuals in both theoretical and practical aspects of First Aid in a low risk sporting environment. Ideal for those involved in sporting activities such as a referee, coach or player.
Headingley Campus, Leeds Beckett (Precise venue details to be confirmed in the joining instructions.)
This qualification covers the same syllabus as the Emergency First Aid at Work, which is an accredited qualification, but with additional sporting conditions.
Since 1 January 2014 all our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation recommendations.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- Understand the role of a first aider including reference to:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
- Use of available equipment
- Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure);
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding;
- Administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock;
- Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters);
We can offer preferential rates for returning customers or block bookings, please call 0113 8127437 for details.
Everything you need to know
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
A really informative course. An excellent learning environment with friendly, knowledgeable staff / trainers.
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours
You will be continuously assessed on your skills throughout the duration of the course.
An Emergency First Aid at Work certificate, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful candidates.
Really useful and relevant with strong levels of participation and practical exercises.