First Aid CPD
Paediatric Emergency Aid with AED Training - PFA Certificate (One day)
A course designed for people working and caring for babies and young children.
Headingley Campus, Leeds Beckett (Precise venue details to be confirmed in the joining instructions.)
The DFE Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage recommends at least one person with a full (two day) PFA qualification must be on the premises and available at all times when children are present, and also on outings. The 2 day trained staff can be supported by staff holding the emergency PFA certificate. This one day course (PFA Certificate) allows the holder to support someone who has attended the two day course and is PFA Qualified.
(Ref. DFE Statutory framework for the early years foundation stage.)
Since 1 January 2014 all our courses include Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training in line with British Heart Foundation recommendations.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
- assess an emergency and prioritise your relevant actions, including:
- An unresponsive child/baby who is breathing normally
- An unresponsive child/baby who is not breathing normally
- A child/baby who is choking
- A child/baby who is having a seizure
- A child/baby who is bleeding and suffering from medical shock.
We can offer preferential rates for returning customers. Please call 0113 8127437 for details.
Everything you need to know
- Be at least 16 years of age on the first day of the course.
You must, in order to gain a certificate:
- attend all course hours
A Paediatric First certificate with AED, which is valid for three years, will be awarded to all successful candidates.