Clinical skills CPD
CHOOSING THE CORRECT APPLICATION
**PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO NHS FUNDED PLACES REMAINING - SELF/EMPLOYER FUNDED PLACES ONLY**
For you to be eligible for Workforce Development (formerly SSPRD) funding you MUST:
- Work for an organisation that commissions (delivers) NHS services
- Your employer MUST be based within West Yorkshire
- You MUST have support from your line manager
- You MUST have your form signed off by your authorised signatory (if you do not know who this is please contact us)
For any applicant outside of these criteria you or tour employer will need to fund the course fees. Please complete the SELF/EMPLOYER funding application form.
28 September 2022 11 January 2023 8 March 2023
Remote learning - Microsoft Teams
8:30 - 16:00
NO FUNDED PLACES REAMINING. SELF/EMPLOYER FUNDED ONLY - £150
This module will allow you to confidently, competently and effectively promote and administer vaccinations and immunisations.
Module content includes:
- Why immunisation matters
- Aims of the immunisation programmes
- The immune system and how vaccines work
- Vaccine preventable diseases
- Vaccine types and their composition
- Current immunisation schedule
- Influenza campaign
- Cold chain: safe storage and handling of vaccines
- Injection technique
- Practice and experience
Everything you need to know
Confirmation of support from your line manager (evidenced on application form), confirmation of support of a mentor/assessor to provide support and assess competence.
Attendees must have previously undertaken CPR and Anaphylaxis training/updates - find details of our Basic Life Support & Anaphylaxis (BLS) course.
Additional information for Healthcare Support Workers
Please read the following document which sets out a minimum framework for developing training to meet the needs of HCWs https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/immunisation-training-of-healthcare-support-workers-national-minimum-standards-and-core-curriculum
You must have access to a computer/laptop/device with access to Microsoft Teams.
There is no formal assessment by the University however; students are provided with a competency profile to use as a framework within their practice to identify suitability and competence to advise on and administer vaccines.