- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Testing and vaccines
- Academic year 2020/21
- Be safe on campus
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Facilities and services
- Financial support
- Health and wellbeing
- International students
- Leeds Beckett Students' Union
- Placements and study abroad
- Research students
- Teaching and learning
- Testing and self-isolation
- Parents, carers and supporters
University Business Centres
The University Business Centres are operating normal access and staffing times. We strongly encourage businesses to work from home where they can, in accordance with the Government guidance.
We are continuing to adhere to Government advice on working safely during COVID-19 in offices and contact centres and guidance for employers, employees and the self-employed, as well as new guidance as it becomes available. If you need to work in the building, we would advise that you keep your workspace well ventilated.
- Steve Baker (Qualified Accountant and business mentor), is providing virtual mentor appointments. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book an appointment.
- Lupton Fawcett Solicitors are providing specialist support and advice in their blog and Advice for Start Up and Scale Up businesses.
- IT Support Care Micro providers are providing onsite and remote IT support. Please email email@example.com to create a ticket or firstname.lastname@example.org for general support.
The Government has announced a business support campaign and published guidance for employers and businesses and support for businesses. The Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership have published information about business support available for businesses affected by coronavirus.
Guidance on reducing the risks from coronavirus (Covid-19) is also available from the National Federation of Self-Employed and Small Businesses (FSB).
Additional advice is available from the Government’s Business Support website.
You can also read further advice below:
- £4.6 billion in new lockdown grants to support businesses and protect jobs
- Government support for businesses
- Guidance from the National Federation of Self-Employed and Small Businesses (FSB)
- CoCoronavirus – help and advice for businesses from Leeds City Council
Government funding available for growing SMEs to create new roles and recruit staff under the Kickstart scheme which pays £1,500 per role + pays their six months wages (25 hrs week at minimum wage). Bache Samuels are a UBC Leeds business client and are an appointed official gateway, you can contact them at email@example.com to start a free application.
We would refer you to the financial support available from the Government at this time. The Coronavirus Act 2020 (CA 2020), section 82 and section 83 has been extended to 30 June 2021. Clients/tenants in business premises are protected against non-payment of rent during this period.
Please discuss your individual situation with your Centre Coordinator in regards to notice periods.
Normal postal services have resumed. Please speak with your Centre Coordinator if you wish to set up a Mail Forwarding Service.