- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Covid-19 testing
- Parents, carers and supporters
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS, CARERS AND SUPPORTERS
Information on how we are making university accommodation safe for students, how students can ensure social distancing in accommodation, rules on visitors and guests and how students self-isolating can access food and supplies.
Students are our top priority, so we’ve taken a number of steps to make sure our halls are safe and welcoming places for them to live. Take a look at our Covid-19 Accommodation update to see what’s happening in halls.
We provide all our students with advice and guidance on social distancing within their residence, and details of our expectations on this are included in the accommodation agreement.
Our staff and contractors will take care to observe government guidance whilst working in their flat and throughout the residences.
When students move into their flat, they become part of a new student household. We ask all to be considerate and look after one another to create an environment where our students feel comfortable and secure together.
Following government guidance, there are currently restrictions on visitors at halls. For the safety of all students and staff, no external visitors are allowed onto site.
On site staff will help facilitate the delivery of supplies to students' blocks/flat doors.
- Students should organise an online food delivery, as soon as possible, from supermarkets, such as Tesco, Asda, Morrisons or Sainsbury’s. It can take several days to get a supermarket delivery, so start early
- Students can order fresh food through apps and websites such as Uber Eats, Deliveroo and Just Eat
- Students should ask a friend who is not self-isolating if they can deliver food and essential items
- Students have the option to order food packages through the university and can make using our online food order form. You can also view our menus online. Please note that orders can only be processed in working hours (Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm)
- Morrisons offer a Food Boxes service, students can order and pay online for cupboard essentials to be delivered next day
- Co-op has a deal for food delivery to halls within two hours for 99p with TOTUM student discount
- If students need food fast, Sainsbury’s Chop Chop service offers small deliveries in just 60 minutes for a £4.99 delivery fee
- If students are struggling to get an online food delivery they can get in touch with our Residence Life team at firstname.lastname@example.org