Information for colleagues
Page last updated: 23/07/2020
Taking care of your mental health and wellbeing
We have all faced huge challenges over the last few months and had to quickly adapt to life under lockdown, both personally and professionally.
For the majority of us our ‘new normal’ will be working from home for most of the next academic year. Some colleagues have experienced ‘furlough’ and there are also those of us who will be returning to campus in some way in September.
This ever-changing situation is likely to be impacting on us in a number of different ways. On these pages we've put together some advice and support to help manage our own and others’ wellbeing aligned to the following themes:
- Wellbeing for managers – resources and ideas to help you look after your own wellbeing, and to help you promote good wellbeing within your team.
- Mental wellbeing – what is good mental health and how can we sustain it?
- Physical wellbeing – why is it important and how can we sustain it?
- Financial wellbeing – Help to make our money go further and where to find support if you are worried about your finances
- Community wellbeing – ways for us to make and maintain connections across teams and the University