- CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Testing and vaccines
- Academic year 2020/21
- Be safe on campus
- Degree Apprenticeships
- Facilities and services
- Financial support
- Health and wellbeing
- International students
- Leeds Beckett Students' Union
- Placements and study abroad
- Research students
- Teaching and learning
- Testing and self-isolation
- Parents, carers and supporters
Information for students
Facilities and services
Information about access to facilities including the libraries, sports facilities, food outlets and the Students’ Union.
Facilities and services FAQs
A selection of cafes is available at City and Headingley Campus and open Monday - Friday between 09:00 - 15:00. The cafes serve hot and cold drinks as well as pre-packaged items for you to take out or eat in. When eating in, tables will be limited to six people or two households (each household can include a support bubble, if eligible).
- Gaia Cafe
- Cafe 1846
- Carnegie Cafe
Both our Libraries are open Monday - Friday 09:00 - 21:00 and Saturday - Sunday 11:00 - 17:00. You need to book a study space to study in the Library.
It is recommended that you have a lateral flow test before coming onto campus. Further information about these is on the University's Covid-19 microsite. Please follow the guidance on hands, space and face whilst on campus and wear your face covering (unless exempt) whilst moving around the Library.
Remember you can also access our resources and services online.
The media equipment loans service has resumed. Students wishing to borrow equipment will need to reserve this in advance on the online booking system. There will be a new schedule for collecting and returning equipment to ensure enough time to clean the equipment and protect our service desk staff.
Collection: Wednesdays (09:30-16:30)
Return: Fridays (09:30-16:30)
Collection: Tuesdays (09:30-16:30)
Return: Thursdays (09:30-16:30)
All loans as standard will be made for 9 days (example: a loan collected from city campus on a Wednesday should be returned on the Friday of the following week.)
From Monday 17 May, we have made additional sports and fitness facilities and activities available for members, in line with the latest Government guidance.
New activities available from May 17:
- Swim - we have reopened the pool with a limited timetable for lane swimming only.
- Indoor sport - indoor sports bookings are available, in line with the Government's rule of six (or two households).
- Fitness classes - in-person classes are available at the sports centre. We will also continue to live-stream all classes online.
- Outdoor fitness trail - we have developed a new fitness trail around our campus grounds for members to use.
As part of the changes we are making, we will also be extending the sports centre's opening times:
- Monday - 07:15 - 22:30*
- Tuesday - 07:15 - 22:30*
- Wednesday - 07:15 - 22:30*
- Thursday - 07:15 - 22:30*
- Friday - 07:15 - 22:30*
- Saturday - 08:00 - 18:00**
- Sunday - 08:00 - 18:00 **
* Weekdays - last booking slot 20:45
** Weekends - last booking slot 17:15
Other available facilities:
- Gym/Strength & conditioning suite
- Athletics track
- Indoor tennis courts (with members of your household only)
- A selection of outdoor sports and fitness activities
*Subject to availability and booking capacities
How to book:
To book an activity at the Carnegie Sports Centre, you will need to download our Leeds Beckett Fitness app, available on Apple Store and Google Play. Alternatively, if you do not have the capability to download our Leeds Beckett App, you can create an account and book a space on our bookings website.