Degree Apprenticeship: BSc (Hons)
Real Estate and Property Management
This Degree Apprenticeship has been designed to offer flexible and optional pathways to develop skills, knowledge and competencies to match the needs of business and industry in the real estate sector.
Fees for the course will be a maximum of £9,000*
Apprentices are in full-time employment whilst studying towards this degree. Modules are delivered through part-time day release and through work-based learning and two-way knowledge transfer between industry and academia. This degree enables apprentices to develop into confident and capable real estate surveyors.
Everything you need to know
Modules studied on the programme:
- Law in the Built Environment
- Real Estate Profession and Practice
- Introduction to Construction Technology
- Built Environment Economics
- Valuation 1: Introduction to Valuation
- City, Society and Property
- Property Management and Agency
- Urban Planning: Policy and Practice
- Construction Technology
- Property and Commercial Lease Law and Practice
- Property Development
- Valuation 2: Valuation and Investment
- Asset and Portfolio Management
- Valuation 3: Statutory Valuation, Rating and Taxation
- Experiential Learning
- Facilities Maintenance Management (Elective)
- Urban Regeneration (Elective)
112 UCAS points or equivalent.
For students without formal qualifications, learning gained from work experience will be considered.
GCSE Grade C in Maths and English.
How does the Degree Apprenticeship work?
The course will take up to five years to complete, using a blended learning approach that combines on the job practical training with integrated academic learning. This blended approach is designed to be flexible, with a combination of face to face university teaching, online learning, research, and reflective practice and assessment. The experiential learning section of the course focuses on the student’s workplace and specific areas of project work they are undertaking. Learning is linked to the RICS Assessment of Professional Competence helping the student work towards the End Point Assessment for the degree apprenticeship. The employer is also expected to engage with this section of study to help the student progress through their training.
Apprentices learn about real estate theory and practice designed around a range of RICS pathways, including commercial real estate, planning and development, and valuation. Strong career themes run throughout all levels of the course which allows contextualisation to meet the needs of business.
How to Apply
Apply direct to an employer offering opportunities on the programme. View our current vacancies for details of what apprenticeships are currently available.
T: 0113 812 4500
There may be flexibility over fees and start dates depending on the number of students from a single employer.
Download course details
A downloadable PDF of course details.
Information for Employers
The BSc (Hons) Real Estate & Property Management Degree Apprenticeship allows employers to meet their succession planning needs with the majority of the cost paid by the Apprenticeship Levy. It provides a fast and effective route to career progression for new and existing staff to facilitate towards the RICS APC and subsequent RICS chartered status. Leeds Beckett University will support employers to devise and manage the workbased element of the apprenticeship.
- Every apprenticeship must have an Apprenticeship Agreement. This is a contract of service between the apprentice and the employer, confirming the apprenticeship and the standard being undertaken. This will be supplemented by a ‘Statement of Commitment’ signed by the employer, provider and apprentice, setting out the expectations, roles and responsibility of each party involve in the apprenticeship
- Apprentices must be employed and paid at least a minimum wage appropriate to their age and job role
- You will be responsible for recruitment of Degree Apprentices. However, we can work with you to promote your opportunities via our website
- You will provide paid time off for on campus study
- Apprentices are required to undergo structured work experience to work towards the attainment of the standards required to become a Chartered Town Planner
- Apprentices require a workplace mentor who will oversee their development and coordinate projects and learning with the university tutor
If the annual pay bill of your organisation exceeds £3m you will pay for your apprenticeship training through your levy account.
If you are a non-levy paying organisation the government will co-fund your apprenticeship training by contributing 95% of the costs and you will pay the remaining 5% of cost.
For further information on apprenticeship funding visit the Government website.