For Apprenticeship Students
Is a Degree Apprenticeship right for me?
- By choosing a degree apprenticeship you can earn a full time wage whist studying for a degree, with your employer paying your university fees.
- You can increase your skills and knowledge, giving you the opportunity to reach higher earning potential, whilst enjoying a debt-free university education.
- It’s a great option if you want to study to improve your career prospects whilst progressing professionally, as our programmes are flexible and complement the tasks you are responsible for at work.
- You’ll gain experience working alongside industry experts and receive regular support from a workplace mentor and a tutor from the university.
- You are also entitled to paid time off for study.
- You’ll also be entitled to all the benefits that come with being a student here, such as teaching excellence, fantastic facilities, a full range of support services and access to our 24-7 library.
How to apply
We are unable to receive applications direct from individuals. Visit our current opportunities page for details of Degree Apprenticeship vacancies. Alternatively speak to your employer about how they could support you on a Degree Apprenticeship.
"The experience you gain at work becomes invaluable at university and seeing the academic applications in real-life makes the degree even more rewarding"
Read more about Oliver's experience.
What support will I receive?
Our Student Hubs are your first port of call for queries about student life and support. Located on both campuses, they are a good starting point if you’re uncertain where to go for something. They can direct you to our specialist advice teams, making sure you get the assistance you need as soon as possible. Pop in or access the Student Hub by phone or online.
Telephone: 0113 812 3000
Once you’re a student with us, sign up for your online My Hub account to access all the usual Student Hub services, as well as managing any university-related appointments and events you might be signed up for. You can also access more than 300 career support tools and resources.
A problem shared is a problem halved so whatever you might be going through, we like to think we can help you with it. Our teams is made up of counsellors, mental health professionals and chaplains who can support you with issues such as bereavement, relationships, stress and anxiety. They offer a range of appointments as well as an extensive website with self-help resources, including apps, videos, helplines, self-help guides and access to an online therapy tool, Silvercloud Health:
Telephone: 0113 812 8507
Our friendly team can offer confidential advice and guidance on disability relates matters to help you during your studies. If you have a physical, long term or mental health condition, sensory impairment to a specific learning difficulty (including dyslexia), our Disability Advice Team will be your first point of contact to discuss your academic requirements, reasonable adjustments and how you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance.
Telephone: 0113 812 5831
BSc Digital and Technology Solutions
"When I found the degree apprenticeship, it ticked all the boxes I needed. It gives the breadth and the formal knowledge and understanding, as well as coming out with a recognised qualification at the end. My aim of taking on the course was to progress in my career, and I’ve already gained a promotion as a result."