To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

BSc (Hons) Building Services Engineering – Site Management (Level 6 Top-up)


Course Specs:

Entry Requirements
Please see below.
Fees

Fees for the course will be a maximum of £27,000*.

Course duration

2 years

How to apply

Individuals 
Apply direct to an employer offering opportunities on the programme. Visit our website for details of current vacancies.

Business 
T: 0113 812 4500
There may be flexibility over fees and start dates depending on the number of students from a single employer.

Download course details Right Arrow

Building Services Engineering -  Site management Top up

This Degree Apprenticeship is based on the existing part-time BSc (Hons) level 6 top-up course and seeks to reflect the learning outcomes for the programme at level six. It has been designed to develop the key areas of building services systems, management of complex projects combined with low-carbon and renewable energy strategies as they relate to the built environment. The qualification is aimed at the Building Services Site Manager standards published by the Institute of Apprentices. The course is also intended to satisfy the requirements of the Chartered Institution of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) providing the requirements to be able to achieve the professional standard of Incorporated Engineer (IEng.), whilst aiming to bridge the disciplines of sustainability, management and the wider built environment.

Modules studied on the program:

  • Low-Carbon Buildings and Renewables
  • Financial and Commercial Management
  • Intelligence Buildings
  • Building Services Systems
  • Major Design project


Information for employers

Plus Icon Employer Benefits
  • Meet the unique needs of your business – with Degree Apprentices learning at work, they are able to develop the knowledge and occupational competencies demanded by specific job roles, and meet the unique needs of your business.
  •  Fill your higher-level skills gaps – higher-level skills are vital to business performance and economic growth. Through degree apprenticeships you can fill your higher-level skills gaps efficiently and effectively by tailoring the learning.
  • Develop existing staff – you can develop your existing staff by allowing them to undertake a Degree Apprenticeship or enabling them to work with a Degree Apprentice in the workforce, through mentoring opportunities and more.
  • Meet the targets of the Engineering Council UK and the ICE, to have most engineering
    staff with recognised professional qualifications such as Incorporated status.
Plus Icon Employer Requirements
  • Every apprenticeship must have an Apprenticeship Agreement. This is a contract of service between the apprentice and the employer, confirming the apprenticeship and the standard been undertaken. This will be supplemented by a ‘Statement of Commitment’ signed by the employer, provider and apprentice, setting out the expectations, roles and responsibility of each party involve in the apprenticeship.
  • Apprentices must be employed and paid at least a minimum wage appropriate to their age and job role.
  • You will be responsible for recruitment of Degree Apprentices. However, we can work with you to promote your opportunities via our website.
  • You will provide paid time off for on campus study.
  • Apprentices require a workplace mentor who will oversee their development and coordinate projects and learning with the University tutor.
Plus Icon Funding

If the annual pay bill of your organisation exceeds £3m you will pay for your apprenticeship training through your levy account. If you are a non-levy paying organisation the government will co-fund your apprenticeship training by contributing 95% of the costs and you will pay the remaining 5% of costs. For further information on apprenticeship funding visit the Governments website.

Back to Top Button