Facebook tracking pixel
To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

BSc (Hons) Project Management


Course Specs:

Entry Requirements
Please see below.
 
Fees

Fees for the course will be a maximum of £27,000*.

Course duration

5 years

How to apply

Individuals
Apply direct to an employer offering opportunities on the programme. Visit our website for details of current vacancies.

Business 
T: 0113 812 4500

There may be flexibility over fees and start dates depending on the number of students from a single employer.

Download Course Details Right Arrow

BSc (Hons) Project Management

How does the degree apprenticeship work?

As an apprentice, new or existing employees study for their degree whilst in full-time employment. This means they are quickly able to put their newly acquired knowledge and skills into action in the workplace. A tailored learning package to meet the Association for Project Management (APM) standard is agreed between the employer, the university and the apprentice. To conclude the course, apprentices are required to take an End Point Assessment and, if successful, become eligible for APM membership.

Modules will be delivered on a weekly basis and apprentices will also have assignments and further academic study throughout this time. However, much of the learning happens in the workplace through shadowing and learning a range of project management activities. 

Core Modules:

  • Principles of Project Management
  • Project Practice
  • Built Environment Economics
  • Procurement Tendering & Valuation
  • Law in the Built Environment
  • Contemporary Projects
  • Project Methodologies
  • Interdisciplinary Practice
  • Risk and Value
  • Planning and Scheduling
  • Work-Based Learning
  • Project Teams
  • Advanced Planning & Tracking
  • Research Paper
  • Inter-professional Consultancy
  • Projects & Organisation Strategy
  • DA – End Point Combined Studies (Double Module) 

Project Management employer info

Plus Icon Employer Benefits
  • Meet the unique needs of your business – with degree apprentices learning at work, they are able to develop the knowledge and occupational competencies demanded by specific job roles and meet the unique needs of your business.
  • Fill your higher-level skills gaps – higher-level skills are vital to business performance and economic growth. Through degree apprenticeships you can fill your higher-level skills gaps efficiently and effectively by tailoring the learning.
  • Develop existing staff – you can develop your existing staff by allowing them to undertake a degree apprenticeship or enabling them to work with a degree apprentice in the workforce, through mentoring opportunities and more.
Plus Icon Employer Requirements
  • Every apprenticeship must have an Apprenticeship Agreement. This is a contract of service between the apprentice and the employer, confirming the apprenticeship and the standard being undertaken. This will be supplemented by a ‘Statement of Commitment’ signed by the employer, provider and apprentice, setting out the expectations, roles and responsibility of each party involved in the apprenticeship.
  • Apprentices must be employed and paid at least a minimum wage appropriate to their age and job role.
  • The employer will be responsible for recruitment of degree apprenticeships. However, we can work with you to promote your opportunities via our website.
  • The employer will provide paid time off for on-campus study.
  • Apprentices require a mentor in the workplace who will oversee their learning and coordinate with the university. 
Plus Icon Funding

If the annual pay bill of your organisation exceeds £3m you will pay for your apprenticeship training through your levy account. If you are a non-levy paying organisation the government will co-fund your apprenticeship training by contributing 95% of the cost and you will pay the remaining 5% costs. For further information on apprenticeship funding visit::

Back to Top Button
Back to Top Button