Keynote Speaker - Steven Hill, Research England
This year we are delighted to welcome Director of Research, Steven Hill from Research England as our Keynote speaker. Steven leads on all aspects of research policy and funding including Research England's research assessment and policy work and is the chair of the steering group for the 2021 Research Excellence Framework (REF).
We look forward to hearing from Steven as he talks about embedding diversity and inclusion into the research system.
#BeckettREC21 Diversity podcast series
As part of this year's conference, we will be releasing the #BeckettREC21 Diversity podcast series on Beckett Talks. Hear from two new podcasts each week between the beginning of June and the day of the conference – Wednesday 23rd June – where the final speakers will present live via Teams and everyone will be welcome to join in and discuss the topics raised throughout the entire #BeckettREC21 Diversity series.
- 09:30-10:15 - Welcome and Keynote; Steven Hill - Director of Research, Research England
- 10:15-10:30 - Refreshment break
- 10:30-11:30 - Hear from 4 of our Academic colleagues discussing equality, diversity, and inclusion within their Research & Enterprise projects - Professor Vini Lander, Dr Martina Topic, Professor Leanne Norman and Dr Sofia Persson.
- 11:30-13:00 - Lunch Break
- 13:00-14:00 - Panel Discussion and Q&A (All speakers from #BeckettREC21 Diversity podcast series will make up the panel along with the speakers delivering live on the day of the conference)
- 14:00 - Closing Remarks
Register for this event
Please note, this event is open to Leeds Beckett colleagues only.