CollectivED Knowledge Exchange Conference
The First CollectivED Knowledge Exchange: creating powerful professional learning through re-thinking coaching, mentoring and collaborative leadership in education
Creating powerful professional learning through coaching, mentoring and collaborative leadership in education
Do you want to implement approaches to professional learning which enhance teaching, support effective collaboration, and sustain professional development at all career stages?
- Are you interested in the links between coaching and mentoring and teacher well-being and retention?
- Are you ready to create new structures to balance support and accountability in education?
CollectivED: the Mentoring and Coaching Hub is bringing together research and practice expertise for our first national CollectivED Knowledge Exchange. Our theme is creating powerful professional learning through coaching, mentoring and collaborative leadership in education. We welcome teachers, lecturers, leaders, governors, coaches, mentors and those researching the field to join us for a day of dynamic, informed and empowering conversations.
Our keynote is a dialogue between Rachel Lofthouse and Christian van Nieuwerburgh who will discuss, ‘Making most of the spectrum of mentoring and coaching in education’.
- Rachel Lofthouse is Professor of Teacher Education and Director of CollectivED at Leeds Beckett University.
- Christian van Nieuwerburgh is Professor of Coaching and Positive Psychology at the University of East London and Director of Growth Coaching International.
Our contributing experts will facilitate roundtable discussions which will also give you, as our participants, a key voice in the conference. Knowledge exchange themes include:
- Coaching for school improvement
- ITTE mentoring for greatest impact
- Addressing tensions in coaching and mentoring in schools
- Using coaching to support wellbeing in schools
- Collaborative teacher learning through lesson study, lesson observation, and use of video
- Leadership for teacher professionalism and collective efficacy
- Developing young people as coaches
Our experts and bring years of experience and an unbeatable depth of knowledge with them as school and academy leaders, coaches, teacher educators, researchers, education consultants and leadership developers. They include:
Gill Kelly, Mark Quinn, Ruth Whiteside, Charmaine Roche, Jon Haines, Mal Krishnasamy, Kenny Frederick, Carly Waterman, Jill Foster, Jeremy Hannay, Kim Gilligan, Suzanne Savage, Viv Grant, Liz Dawson, John Mynott, Claudia Owad
The conference will be chaired by Hywel Roberts, who will also be our resident writer.
Who should attend?
Teachers, lecturers, leaders, governors, coaches, mentors and those researching the field
£180 – standard fee, £130 contributors to CollectivED or £150 Early Bird Discount (until 1st March 2019)
4 July 2019
4 July 2019
- 10.00 – 3.45
Burlington McDonald Hotel, Birmingham