Our ‘Uni Life’ event will include 2 sessions: Study Ready is aimed at preparing you for the academic side of university life and Take a Leap will be an opportunity to think about how to get to grips with the new things you will encounter at university.
The session content is flexible but will include the following:
- Meet the Specialist Study Skills tutors
- Address your questions and feelings about starting your course
- Differences between school/college and university
- Semesters / modules / assignments
- Time management / organisational skills
- Independent study / essays / journals
Take a Leap
The Take a Leap sessions are designed to introduce you to some practical tips to support your move into higher education. This will include tips on selfcare, social life, where to find information, and getting to know the city and university.
Disability Advice is Leeds Beckett University’s dedicated student service to supporting disabled students through their university experience by ensuring they have fair and equal access to their education via a range of specialist support methods.