2020 Vision for Mental Health in Schools Knowledge Exchange
Mental Health in Schools Knowledge Exchange
Come to a day of dynamic sessions based on rich conversations and knowledge exchange. Explore with us practices that build excellence in your practise in supporting students and staff mental health in schools. Reflect on the conversations we have with colleagues, our discussions that address dilemmas and promote and share good practice. Join teachers, senior leaders, mental health leads and governors as we bring together expertise and insight from schools, colleges and allied professions. Leave with a renewed purpose and the potential to enhance mental health in schools through professional dialogue.
Our main stage contributors are:
- Pooky Knightsmith (School Mental Health Award Coach and Director of Research, Creative Education)
- Viv Grant (Director of Integrity Coaching)
- Ben Levinson (Headteacher of Kensington Primary School and member of DfE Wellbeing Advisory Board)
- Krissi Carter (Headteacher of Burton Borough School)
- Liz Dawson (Success Coaching and Lead Coach, School Mental Health Award)
We will also be hearing from young people on their mental health vision. Our roundtable discussions will allow conference participants to join discussions that interest them. Our hosts will draw on their own practical expertise to facilitate a rich discussion. Each discussion will be framed around a different question. Themes include understanding behaviour, Supervision in Schools, Students Coaching Students, Destigmatising conversations: Staff mental health, Embedding attachment and trauma informed practice as a whole school approach.
There will also be an opportunity to attend a masterclass on the following themes: Resilient Strategies for Secondary Schools, Dealing with difficult conversations, the role of the Senior Mental Health Lead and Engaging parents where there children have a mental health challenge.
- Implement new approaches to mental health, leading to improved attendance, behaviour and attainment in students.
- Learn effective strategies to build resilience in students and staff.
- Learn from practical examples of student led peer support programmes.
- Learn more about the School Mental Health Award.
- Implement new approaches to staff wellbeing.
- Learn how Supervision can have an impact on the role of the School Mental Health Lead.
26 June 2020
26 June 2020
Burlington McDonald Hotel