From September 2017, your employees can study for a Degree Apprenticeship with Leeds Beckett University. We are working closely with UK employers to design industry-relevant awards which allow staff to boost their skills and earn a qualification which is directly relevant to their job, whilst working.
A degree apprenticeship is the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree (BA/ BSc) or masters degree qualification and takes three and a half to four years, to complete, studying part time.
We currently offer degree apprenticeships in:
- Digital and technology solutions (BSc Digital & technology solutions)
- Chartered management (BA Business Management Practice)
We are also currently developing degree apprenticeships in:
- Building Services Manager
- Construction Chartered Surveyor
- Chartered legal executive/ Solicitor
- MSc Digital & Technology Solutions
- MA Senior Leader
From April 2017 all organisations with a wage bill over £3 million will contribute 0.5% of the pay bill over £3 million to an apprenticeship levy account that the company can then use to pay for apprenticeships.
More information on the apprenticeship levy can be found on the Government’s website.
How do Degree Apprenticeships work?
- The courses are available for new and existing company staff to up-skill in their current role or to be supported into promotion.
- The employee spends the majority of their time working in the organisation and studies at the University in regular blocks of time.
- Degree apprenticeships can be undertaken by anyone over the age of 18. There is no upper age limit. The employee must be employed by a company which supports its staff to study for degree apprenticeships. Individuals must also meet the entry criteria for the course.
- The Government provides support towards the cost of the degrees which is currently up to two thirds of the total fee of the degree apprenticeship programme for levy paying organisations. The employer pays the remainder of the fees, plus the employee’s salary.
Benefits to employers
- Develop expertise in your organisation to increase future productivity.
- Up-skill existing staff to help them progress within your organisation.
- Find and retain talented new staff.
- Achieve a bachelor's or masters degree qualification.
- Earn while you learn without the need for student loans.
- Gain valuable work experience while developing your career.
How to apply
To apply for a place on a degree apprenticeship programme, employers apply direct to Leeds Beckett University. Employees or individuals interested in a degree apprenticeship must be supported by an existing employer or find an organisation willing to support them on a degree apprenticeship programme.
If you are interested in learning more about our degree apprenticeships, please contact us to discuss your requirements.