msc sport business management
Take advantage of the exciting sport business management opportunities this growing industry offers nationally or globally.
Sport is now big business - changing lives, shaping communities and impacting on economies all over the world.
You could already be working in sport and looking to progress to a more senior management role, or it could be you’re motivated to seek a new and exciting career and are attracted by the options sport and commerce can provide in the UK and across the globe.
As part of your course you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of the industry and the business principles that underpin it
- Have the opportunity to work with industry partners in the Managing Creativity & Innovation option module
This course has been designed to introduce you to the key principles and processes of sports business management, with the opportunity to customise your study to your individual needs and career aspirations through making considered assessment choices and, also, through the negotiated focus of the Major Independent Study.
Guest lectures will bring you into contact with cutting-edge practitioners and professionals in the sports industry, inspiring your learning, enhancing your networks and boosting your career prospects.
Our university has outstanding sports facilities at both the Headingley Campus and the world famous Emerald Headingley Stadium, which is an international base for professional cricket, rugby league and rugby union teams. We enjoy fruitful partnerships with this famous sports arena, providing you with outstanding opportunities.
Why study Sports Business Management at Leeds Beckett University
- Study a diverse course that caters for both experienced sports management professionals and those looking to begin their career in the industry
- Utilise the university's strong sporting links to work alongside the likes of Leeds United, Leeds Rhinos and Yorkshire Carnegie
- Be among the first students to take advantage of the university’s new state-of-the-art Carnegie School of Sport building
- Take advantage of our sport volunteering opportunities, which have previously included global events such as the Olympics, World Athletics Championships and Commonwealth Games
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 150 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Bachelor degree
Grade: 2.5 GPA for 2:2 equivalent
English language requirements (one of the below):
- IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
- All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) – English Grade 70%
- Indian School Certificate (Class-XII) (CISCE) – English Grade 70%
fees and funding
TEACHING & LEARNING
We were awarded silver status in the latest Teaching Excellence Framework, reflecting our commitment to deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
As well as learning from expert tutors, you’ll be assigned an academic advisor to give you tailored feedback and support. Our subject-specific librarians will also direct you to the specialist learning and study-skills resources that will underpin your studies.
- You will be assessed entirely by coursework