msc sport business management
Take advantage of the exciting sport business management opportunities this growing industry offers nationally or globally.
Sport is now big business - changing lives, shaping communities and impacting on economies all over the world.
You could already be working in sport and looking to progress to a more senior management role, or it could be you’re motivated to seek a new and exciting career and are attracted by the options sport and commerce can provide in the UK and across the globe.
As part of your course you’ll:
- Gain an understanding of the industry and the business principles that underpin it
- Have the opportunity to work with industry partners in the Managing Creativity & Innovation option module
This course has been designed to introduce you to the key principles and processes of sports business management, with the opportunity to customise your study to your individual needs and career aspirations through making considered assessment choices and, also, through the negotiated focus of the Major Independent Study.
Guest lectures will bring you into contact with cutting-edge practitioners and professionals in the sports industry, inspiring your learning, enhancing your networks and boosting your career prospects.
Our university has outstanding sports facilities at both the Headingley Campus and the world famous Emerald Headingley Stadium, which is an international base for professional cricket, rugby league and rugby union teams. We enjoy fruitful partnerships with this famous sports arena, providing you with outstanding opportunities.
Why study Sports Business Management at Leeds Beckett University
- Study a diverse course that caters for both experienced sports management professionals and those looking to begin their career in the industry
- Utilise the university's strong sporting links to work alongside the likes of Leeds United, Leeds Rhinos and Yorkshire Carnegie
- Be among the first students to take advantage of the university’s new state-of-the-art Carnegie School of Sport building
- Take advantage of our sport volunteering opportunities, which have previously included global events such as the Olympics, World Athletics Championships and Commonwealth Games
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Bachelor degree
Grade: 2.5 GPA for 2:2 equivalent
English language requirements (one of the below):
- IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
- All India Senior School Certificate (CBSE) – English Grade 70%
- Indian School Certificate (Class-XII) (CISCE) – English Grade 70%
fees and funding
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £14,000.
We are pleased to offer students from India a £3,000 postgraduate scholarship. In addition, the Dean of the Carnegie School of Sport is pleased to offer exclusive scholarships of £1,000 to students from India wishing to study the MSc Sport Business Management programme.
This means the final cost of your course will be £10,000 for one year of study.
TEACHING & LEARNING
Independent study is a crucial part of learning at university and you will be required to undertake many hours of self-directed research and reading, and preparation and writing of assessments. Your course is delivered through a number of modules, which will help you to plan your time and establish a study routine. Outside of your lectures, workshops and tutorials, a range of support is available to assist with your independent study. Our subject-specific librarians will be on hand to direct you to the specialist learning and study-skill resources. You’ll also be assigned an academic advisor to give you tailored feedback and support.
Our silver status in the latest Teaching Excellence Framework, reflects our commitment to deliver high-quality teaching, learning and outcomes for our students.
- Global perspectives in sport marketing
- Sport business research skills
- Analytics for data driven decision making
- Independent project
- Professional practice in the sport industry
- Personalised leadership and management
- Economic and financial decision making in sport
- Managing creativity and innovation
- Strategic management
- Consumer experiences
- Brand engagement and sport sponsorship
- Media and digital transformations