BA (Hons) Marketing and Public Relations
Develop a critical, reflective and creative approach to the study of marketing, PR and digital communications.
Gain valuable professional skills and specialist knowledge in both marketing and public relations.
As part of this course, you’ll:
- Explore a range of topics, from digital marketing to reputation management and campaign development to customer relations
- Understand and positively respond to the changing technological, political, ethical and legal contexts within which organisations currently operate
- Take a real-life client-centred approach to learning though project work, campaigns and consultancy in this dynamic sector
Your employability is at the heart of this course, so you’ll have a wealth of opportunities to network and work with potential employers and industry professionals through a series of lectures, workshops and placements during your study.
As well as the chance to work with a variety of employers, you’ll have access to our specialist facilities, including the Simulation Suite where you can replicate real-life PR scenarios and a media suite.
You’ll have the opportunity to attend the annual CIPR guest lecture series as well as Leeds Business School’s guest lecture programme. Previous speakers include the past Chair and President of the Academy of Marketing, Kitty McGee, who studied on our PR degree and is now the Executive Fashion Director at Stylist magazine, Russell Craig Senior, Director of Media and Community Relations at Asda, and the Editor of Cosmopolitan magazine.
Why study marketing and public relations at Leeds Beckett University
- Take a client-centred approach to learning and develop transferrable skills
- Gain a professional understanding of how marketing and public relations work within a company environment
- Utilise the university's local and national business links to secure a paid work placement
- Learn in real-life environments through the Business School's simulation suite
- Learn from and connect with industry leaders through the Business School's guest lecture series
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).