BA (Hons) Public Relations with Brand Communication
Discover the role of communications, from copywriting and branding to media relations and marketing, and prepare for a career in this fast-paced field.
Gain the expertise required for a successful career in this fast-moving field.
As part of your course you’ll:
- Learn about the wider role of communications
- Understand the impact of marketing, media relations and internal communications
- Study how to develop and implement social media campaigns
- Learn to build and manage relationships between companies and their customers
- Refine your skills so you can create effective content for a variety of audiences
- Develop your presentation skills by pitching for live consultancy projects
- Join one of the most established PR degree programmes in Europe
You’ll have access to the annual CIPR guest lecture series as well as Leeds Business School’s guest lecture programme. Past speakers include Kitty McGee who studied on our PR degree and is now the Executive Fashion Director at Stylist magazine, the past Chair and President of the Academy of Marketing, Russell Craig Senior Director of Media and Community Relations at Asda and the Editor of Cosmopolitan magazine. To view and register for any upcoming guest lectures, visit our university events webpage.
You’ll raise your profile and enhance your CV if you choose to take opportunities to do shortand longer-term work placements throughout your course. Previous students have completed work experience with John Lewis, Porsche, Disney, Warner Bros, Glaxo Smith Kline and the NHS. Employers and graduates also sponsor prizes, including the Claire Mascall Award, the Grayling Competitive Pitch and the Umph Social Media Prize.
Your learning will be industry-focused and practice-based. As part of the consultancy project module, PR students have previously carried out in-depth research for Saltaire Brewery looking into branding and communications for the company. They interviewed customers, employees and fellow Leeds Beckett students ahead of a new branding campaign. We have links with high-profile practitioners, including the Director of Communications at Leeds Hospital Trust, the Head of Social Media Communications at Asda and directors of regional PR agencies.
Why study public relations with brand communication at Leeds Beckett University
- Join a programme that is one of the most well established of its kind in Europe
- Gain accreditation from the Chartered Institute of Public Relations
- Put theoretical skills into practice by working on live client-focused projects
- Learn from and connect with industry leaders at guest lecture series run by Leeds Business School and CIPR
- Have your work published on Behind the Spin, the UK's premier online magazine for PR students, which is edited by a Leeds Business School lecturer
- Utilise the university's links with local and national firms to secure a paid work placement
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).