BA (Hons) Public Relations with journalism
Gain insight into the fast-paced world of PR and journalism and develop skills that offer exciting career prospects.
Gain insight into the fast-paced worlds of both PR and journalism.
As part of your course you’ll:
- Learn how PR and journalism skills can overlap to offer up a range of exciting career opportunities
- Experience the world of reporting, from sourcing and editing news stories to working on rolling news items under the pressure of strict deadlines
- Write for print, digital and online media, changing your style from impartial to persuasive
- Develop expertise in crisis and reputation management and in organising media campaigns
Employability and work-related learning will be embedded throughout your course. Past students have had the opportunity to engage with professionals from a wide range of organisations including the BBC, Glaxo Smith Kline, Disney, John Lewis, Nike, Warner Brothers and ITN, Sky, Yorkshire Post Newspapers, the Guardian, and the Independent.
Our links with industry offer a variety of long and short placement opportunities in PR and journalism. If you choose to study this course over four years, you can work for one year in the industry.
You will have the opportunity to learn from professionals at the top of their industry through the Leeds Business School guest lecture series. Past speakers include Kitty McGee who studied on our PR degree and is now the Executive Fashion Director at Stylist magazine, the past Chair and President of the Academy of Marketing, Russell Craig Senior Director of Media and Community Relations at Asda and the Editor of Cosmopolitan magazine. To view and register for any upcoming guest lectures, visit our university events webpage.
Why study public relations with journalism at Leeds Beckett University
- Learn how to write for print, digital and online media, changing your style from impartial to persuasive
- Put theoretical skills into practice by working on live client-focused projects
- Learn from and connect with industry leaders at guest lecture series run by Leeds Business School and CIPR
- Access our purpose-built facilities, which include ICT suites, a news and simulated press room, TV and radio studios
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).