bsc (hons) broadcast media technologies
Do you dream about working in radio, TV or online for a major broadcaster like the BBC? Develop the skills you’ll need to get there.
Learn to produce content for all platforms including TV, radio and the web.
As part of this course you’ll:
- Develop your understanding of new technological developments and approaches in the creation of broadcast video and audio content
- Become an expert producer with the confidence to work across all platforms
- Develop TV and radio ideas and formats
- Take on production roles and work in teams on live broadcasts
- Produce podcasts, and shoot and edit video
- Create and work with motion graphics materials
- Exhibit your final projects to the general public and industry professionals at our Creative Technology Showcase
You’ll learn to anticipate and respond to current local and global changes in broadcasting needs. As you develop production content in a broadcasting and radio studio, you’ll also have access to facilities for live edits of your material. We’ll give you the skills to use graphics and visual construction to communicate material for branding and audiences.
Opportunities will arise to work in our in-house media training facility on collaborative projects.
Check out some of our recent students’ work which featured in the Leeds School of Arts Festival.
Why study broadcast media technologies at Leeds Beckett University
- 100% of BSc (Hons) Broadcast Media Technologies students were satisfied with their course*.
- 90% of students from BSc (Hons) Broadcast Media Technologies in work or further study 15 months after graduating**.
- Work in teams on live broadcasts, shoot and edit video and create and work with motion graphics materials.
- Opportunity to take a ‘sandwich’ year – a year of paid employment in industry which will build your skills and experience.
- Study within Leeds School of Arts - one of the largest university arts communities in the north, with 3000 students spread across over 40 courses.
*National Student Survey 2020
**Graduate Outcomes 2020
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).