BSc (hons) creative media technology
Produce creative designs, websites, mobile apps, audio-visual media and animations while learning to work as part of a dynamic production team.
Study a practical course aimed at creative and dynamic individuals with a passion for modern digital technology.
As part of this course you’ll:
- Focus on the creative application of technology
- Use industry-standard software packages in our professional studios
- Learn how to produce effective designs, websites, apps, short films and animations while working as part of a production team
- Build a substantial portfolio of work
- Have the chance to develop relationships with future employers at our showcase event, where you will display your final-year project and network with industry professionals
This course has been developed with local and national employers in the creative industries. You’ll benefit from the hands-on experience of staff who actively pursue research in this area, many of whom divide their time between academic work and commercial sector activities. You’ll have access to professional, industry-standard facilities. Our hardware and software systems are updated each year ensuring you use the same software as you will find in industry.
Throughout the course, you’ll practise presenting your work in front of a panel of tutors and industry professionals. Your final year project will be displayed at a tradeshow event where you can make contact with future employers. Previous students have found work with Disney Interactive Studios, Sky TV and many digital agencies.
Check out some of our recent students’ work which featured in the Leeds School of Arts Festival.
Why study creative media technology at Leeds Beckett University
- 100% of BA (Hons) Creative Media Technology students were satisfied with their course*
- 100% of students from BA (Hons) Creative Media Technologies in work or further study 15 months after graduating**
- Opportunity to take a ‘sandwich’ year – a year of paid employment in industry which will build your skills and experience
- Final year project is displayed at a unique tradeshow event where you can make contact with future employers
- Taught by industry professionals who actively pursue research in this area, many of whom divide their time between academic work and commercial sector activities
- In the new Leeds School of Arts building you will have access to professional, industry standard facilities, along with general teaching spaces that will foster inter-disciplinary collaboration, creative talent and knowledge sharing
*National Student Survey 2020
**Graduate Outcomes 2020
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).