BA (Hons) international tourism management with marketing
Combine your passion for travel with marketing expertise to gain an insight into the mind of today’s tourism consumer to design effective communications and successful experiences.
Learn about the power of the tourism consumer and get ahead of the curve in tourism marketing by learning to recognise how and when travellers make decisions and what type of holidays they might wish to take.
As part of your course, you’ll:
- Combine your passion for travel and exploration with a marketing focus
- Identify different customer segments to develop effective marketing strategies and campaigns aimed at the right audience, at the right time, and using the right platforms
- Develop an understanding of consumer trends – who wants what type of holiday, the types of holiday likely to be available in the future and the kinds of message consumers are likely to engage with
- Gain an insight into moral, ethical, environmental and legal issues, allowing you to make a valuable contribution to the tourism and travel sector
You’ll acquire an understanding of sustainable tourism and development as well as the organisational structure and management of this ever-expanding field, helping you to learn how businesses operate and how skilled leaders can add to their success.
In your second and third year, you’ll have the opportunity to further enhance your knowledge through specialist marketing modules and link your marketing work with innovative launches of new tourism experiences.
In the final year, you’ll develop an entrepreneurial approach by working on live projects with key industry partners to create new solutions to real-life marketing challenges.
During the course, you’ll learn from world-leading experts in tourism and marketing as well as have access to industry expertise through our series of guest lectures and our links with the Institute of Travel & Tourism (ITT) and ABTA.
Tailor your study
You’ll also have the opportunity to tailor your studies to suit your career aspirations through a selection of option modules.
An optional work placement will offer you the skills and expertise that are in demand by travel and tourism employers.
UK CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE
We were the first UK university to be recognised as a Centre of Excellence for Tourism (ITT). Awarded by the leading professional body, the Institute of Travel & Tourism, this recognition puts us at the forefront of education and research in this dynamic sector.
ITT is the only professional membership body for the UK travel and tourism industry. It allows you to raise your profile, take advantage of networking opportunities with key players in the sector and to enhance your CV and future career prospects.
Why study international tourism Management with tourism at Leeds Beckett University
- The School of Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management was ranked in the top 50 best schools globally in 2020 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Our specialist teaching team includes research-active academics and industry professionals
- You’ll work with a diverse mix of students to share ideas and best practice
- Develop professional contacts when visiting speakers come to offer unique industry insights during guest lectures
- Deepen your skills and experience, build your confidence, contacts, and CV, and improve your chances of jumping straight into a job after graduation with a paid sandwich year
- We'll help find the placement that’s right for you. You'll also continue to receive careers advice for five years after graduation
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).