BSc (Hons) Hospitality Business Management with marketing
Become a hospitality leader of the future and learn to transform marketing practices, think critically and have the confidence to implement innovative ideas.
The hospitality industry is constantly changing to innovate and capitalise on consumer trends in food, drink and accommodation. This course will help you develop into a reflective practitioner who is able to make informed decisions and respond flexibly to a dynamic globalised hospitality industry and anticipate emerging market trends.
As part of your course, you’ll:
- Gain the knowledge and skills to think critically, be reflective and have the potential to transform and drive forward hospitality businesses through successful marketing practices
- Put hospitality, business and marketing theory into practice with visits to local industry and the chance to work on live projects, such as creating branded social experiences, communication plans for hospitality businesses and by developing exceptional guest experiences
You’ll have the opportunity to make insightful decisions based on market trends within and beyond the hospitality sector. All of which means your project management skills will develop by creating exciting solutions that benefit consumers and the hospitality industry in an ever-changing marketing environment.
You’ll also have the option to tailor assessments to specific areas of interest including food trends, sustainability and technology.
A series of field trips will allow you to witness the hospitality industry first-hand, while guest lectures and research seminars will enable you to network with and learn from professionals.
Our specialist teaching team includes research-active academics and industry professionals who work as consultants to the course – expertise which will help to shape your learning.
Interaction with peers during and outside classroom activities will aid the development of new ideas and give you the ability to evaluate hospitality management techniques within a variety of settings.
Why study hospitality business Management with marketing at Leeds Beckett University
- The internationally recognised UK Centre for Events Management (UKCEM) has been delivering events management education for 25 years
- The School of Events, Tourism & Hospitality Management was ranked in the top 50 best schools globally in 2020 by the Academic Ranking of World Universities
- Our specialist teaching team includes research-active academics and industry professionals who work as consultants to the course
- Develop professional contacts when visiting speakers come to offer unique industry insights during guest lectures
- Deepen your skills and experience, build your confidence, contacts, and CV, and improve your chances of jumping straight into a job after graduation with a paid sandwich year
- We'll help find the placement that’s right for you. You'll also continue to receive careers advice for five years after graduation
Studying a degree at Leeds Beckett puts you in very good company – we have alumni in more than 140 countries around the world.
everything you need to know
Qualification: Undergraduate Diploma or College of Technology Diploma or Higher Technical Institute Diploma or Junior Health College Diploma
Grade: 2.60/4.00 GPA
Qualification: Associate Degree or TVTC programme
Grade: below 60% / GPA 2.75/4 or 3.5/5
English language requirements: IELTS 6.0 with no skill below 5.5
FEES AND FUNDING
The tuition fee for the year for international students entering in 2021/22 is £13,000.
We are pleased to offer students from Saudi Arabia a £1,000 per year undergraduate scholarship.
This means the final cost of your course will be £12,000 per year of study (a typical undergraduate course lasts 3 years).