To view this video please enable JavaScript, and consider upgrading to a web browser that supports HTML5 video

Exchanges & Study Abroad

Overseas students

If you are already a university undergraduate or postgraduate student, you can come to Leeds Beckett University for one or two semesters through one of the Study Abroad and Exchange programmes.

Exchange programme

You qualified as an exchange student if:

  • you are enrolled at one of Leeds Beckett University’s exchange partners; and
  • you are nominated by your home institution.
Study abroad programme

You qualified as a study abroad student if:

  • your home institution does not have an exchange agreement with Leeds Beckett University; or
  • your home institution is one of our exchange partners, but you have not secured an exchange place.
Want to find out more?

For more information visit our website.

A girl surfing

Current home and international students

As a Leeds Beckett University student, you have the amazing opportunity to study abroad for one or two semesters as part of your degree. The Study Abroad and Exchange programmes enable you to study at one of over 150 partner universities across the world with which Leeds Beckett University has formal exchange agreements.

You can spend one or two semesters abroad studying or working towards a faculty approved learning study plan, whilst earning credit towards your degree course at Leeds Beckett University.

As an exchange student you remain enrolled full-time at Leeds Beckett University while you are away, so continue to pay your tuition fees to us in the usual way. A student at your host university does the same in reverse, and the result is an exchange of students and places.

Don't forget that you would need to apply for the Study Abroad and Exchange programmes during your first year of study at Leeds Beckett University, so you can start thinking about it now.

Want to find out more?

For more information visit our website.

Contact us

Jo Day
Study Abroad Officer
Tel: +44 113 812 3644
Fax: +44 113 812 3180
Helen Lauris
           Study Abroad Officer
       Tel: +44 113 812 110
        Fax: +44 113 812 1776                               Email:

International FAQs

Plus Icon Do I need to attend a course interview?
Certain courses require an interview as part of the entrance requirements. Please note that this is a requirement of our University and not part of the immigration process. This information is detailed in the course requirements section of the Online Prospectus. Please note: You will be required to evidence your English language ability through one of the qualifications listed in our University entrance requirements. This cannot be met through interview alone.
Plus Icon How will I make friends with other students?
To help you make friends with other international and home students, we run a mentor scheme and an International Social Network. Leeds Beckett International Mentors gives new students the opportunity to make new friends quickly and to benefit from the support and advice of current students keen to share their experience. We also run an International Social Network, which holds social activities and trips through-out the year and keeps you up to date with part-time work and other important information. For more details of all our mentor scheme or social network, please email Kathryn Firth.
Plus Icon What are the annual living costs?
In addition to tuition fees, we recommend that you budget to cover other costs, including accommodation, food, transport and social activities

It is difficult to suggest to you exactly how much money you will need to support yourself, as each person's circumstances will be different, but please see below for guidance:

Living expenses (including accommodation): £9,135
Please note that these living expenses are estimated and dependent on your lifestyle.

Check out for advice and tools to help you plan and manage your budget whilst studying in the UK.
Plus Icon How can I get help with my visa and the immigration process?
Our Student Immigration Advice and Compliance team (SIAC), based in Leighton Hall on our Headingley Campus can offer advice on immigration and visa matters (including visa extensions).

Our advice is available free of charge and follows the Rules and Code of Standards of the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) and the United Kingdom Visa and Immigration Agency.

Email us for support with visa and immigration etc. or find out more on the Student Immigration Advice and Compliance team website.

Back to Top Button