International student Q&A | Anh
What are the 5 best things about studying in Leeds?
- The city of Leeds is perfect for just about everything
- Leeds and surrounding areas can also be very peaceful and tranquil
- The people here are lovely, gentle and elegant
- It’s convenient to travel between Leeds and other cities (such as Manchester and London)
- The weather - I like the 10pm sunset in the summertime and was so excited to see snow for the first time in the winter!
Can you describe the best thing about your course and why?
The best thing so far is my teachers and lectures. As an international student, I had quite a few concerns when moving to Leeds to study, especially with the pandemic. However, my lecturers give clear and structured instructions, and always try their best to guide me to overcome learning difficulties. I always feel lucky as an international student at LBU, as my classmates, lecturers and friends all inspire me to be myself.
Have you got involved in any social activities at Leeds Beckett?
I am working as a Global and BAME Student Ambassador at Leeds Beckett University. With my work, I get to join so many virtual and in-person events. It shows me how big the world is and that there are so many new things that exist in the world.
Meeting new people everyday is an optimal way to enrich my knowledge and broaden my horizons.
What advice would you give to someone from your country thinking of studying or currently studying in the UK?
Studying in the UK is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that you really must do to mark your youth. I’ve enjoyed it so much that I am planning to do my second Master’s in Communication at LBU.