International student Q&A | Ian
What are the 5 best things about studying in Leeds?
- My course offers lots of hands-on experience
- It’s a set programme (in America you have to fight for classes and with this programme it is relatively pre-determined)
- The teachers actively work in the field
- The ambassador programme and blog squad
- There are so many ways to connect with other students
Why did you choose to study at Leeds Beckett?
I chose to study at the Northern Film School at LBU because it is a unique film programme. You are given the opportunity to work on specialisms, which has already helped me grow my skill set in directing and screenwriting. The teachers also work in the industry, and we get to learn in a very practical way. It is very film focused and hands-on so that you are ready for the industry when you graduate.
Have you received support as a student?
LBU offers a great deal of support, so always check your email and don’t be afraid to accept that support! I have used the meet and greet, the career portal and academic support. Everyone is very kind and helpful so don’t hesitate to reach out.
What advice would you give to someone from your country thinking of studying or currently studying in the UK?
Do it! Be aware of how tough it can be at first in terms of paperwork and all the resources needed to make it happen but definitely do it!