Currently open to students from School of Health & Community Studies - students from Children, Young People and Communities
IFALL – Integration För Alla was founded 2013 in south of Sweden in Örkelljunga. We have been working with several local organisations, Refugee Centre, Employment Centre, Örkelljunga Education Centre, Municipalities in order to enlarge our network and experiences. There are 25 active volunteers, 10 staff and 15 weekly activities that works towards integration.
The main objective of the organisation is to promote integration between cultures and counteract violence between cultures in Sweden and in other countries. With culture we mean individual. We are not only working with integration of refugees/minorities/immigrants but also, we are working with integration of different ages, religions and genders.
The organisation fulfils the main objective through:
• giving help to self-help so that the individual’s understanding of her/his own culture and self-esteem amplifies.
• providing multi-cultural meeting places where the exchange of experiences, values and cultures promote individual’s life quality
• building social network between different cultures
• encouraging the individual to take responsibility in society
• developing and practising effective and creative approaches/methods for integration, both formal and non-formal.
• spreading information in order to increase awareness of the meaning of culture and different cultures.
The volunteers will participate, lead, support and/or develop the summer activities ran by IFALL and Örkelljunga Council in the summer of 2019.
Please find the link to last year’s summer activities that gives a full picture of the types of activities the students can organise/support. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVueA1VATYA&t=2s
Date: We are looking for volunteers who can do a two week group project. July 2019.
|Erasmus+ grant||Unit cost||Total £|
|General allowance||€5 per day||£60.90|