Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve Monteverde
Interested in applying for summer 2019 - please email email@example.com and we will add you to our interested list.
Santa Elena Reserve was established in 1983 to share the benefits of the tourism. The income from the entrance fees are used for the protection, management of the Reserve and to promote a better quality of education on the high school and primary schools of the area, collaborating also with some projects of the community.
The idea was to use the donated land for agriculture and education but because of the access, weather, topography, etc, the lands were not suitable for this activities; so in 1989 the community decide to convert it in a Nature Reserve, together with Youth Challenge International, the Ambientalist Association Vida and the participation of students of the High School and their fathers, and Volunteers of the Community. The Santa Elena Cloud Forest Reserve was opened to the public on March 1, 1992.
You will be supporting the national park in Montverde with their fantastic conservation, promotional and educational efforts on a variety of tasks dependent on what the Reserve need at the time.
- • Practical work to help to maintain the paths and national park;
- • Raising awareness of the Reserve within the community;
- • Support the park with their marketing, advertising, social media, making/editing videos, writing blogs etc.
- Project location: Montverde, Costa Rica
- Duration: Two weeks + plus optional free-time week
- Accommodation: Home-stay with local families
- Fundraising: £100 contribution towards the charity you are working with
Facebook page - please ensure that you are following us on social media to keep updated with our latest news and events.
Santa Elena Reserve