Fiji Building Project
Think Pacific - Building Project
Join a team of School of the Built Environment and Engineering students from 25th July for a four-week expedition to a remote outer island in Fiji, to build a community centre from foundations to completion for a local village. This opportunity is an incredible experience for student volunteers, as you will live with families within the village and immersing yourself in traditional Fijian life and culture.
The project is in partnership with The Fijian Ministry of Health, ensuring the projects are ethical and directed by government and local people. At the end of the four weeks, you will have made a huge difference of building a new community centre for a rural village severely impacted by Cyclone Winston in 2016, and more importantly, you come away an amazing life experience.
This is an open project to any students from the School of Built Environment & Engineering (NO AGE LIMIT)
Project location: Fiji - Lomaiviti Group
Duration: Four weeks
Accommodation: Home-stay with local families
Fundraising: In addition to the fees each volunteer must raise a minimum of £400 which will be donated to Think Pacific activities.
Project Fees: £2400
The Project Fee Includes:
• All food and accommodation
• Airport welcome and transfers.
• 2 night resort briefing,including meals.
• Transport to your village placement by motor boat.
• 3 and a half weeks living within your Fijian family and working on the project
• 3 days of rest and relaxation at a local beach resort at the end of your project.
• Think Pacific Leaders and Building Manager guiding your project from start to finish.
• Guided weekend excursions such as treks and cultural activities.
• 24 hour safety and emergency support in Fiji.
• UK preparation
• Leeds Beckett Hoody & T-shirts plus Think Pacific Expedition t-shirt
• £400 of your project fee is used by the charity to purchase the building materials needed to create the community centre for the Fijian village.
You will need to budget £70 for your Visa
To read more about our project in Fiji, please download our Project Information document.