The aim of Think Pacific's university project is to provide current students, graduates and university staff with the opportunity to use their skills and experience to support Fijian children and teenagers living in the poorest areas of Fiji.
- Engaging in the kindergarten curriculum and leading kindergarten sessions
- Planning and delivering tailored teaching programs in rural primary schools
- Offer one on one or small group additional help to primary school pupils
- Deliver sports and youth projects
- Creating PE lessons, develop netball & rugby coaching
- Introduce new sports and games
- Lead youth initiatives such as art, drama, dance, public speaking as part of the ‘House Cup’
- Project location: Fiji - a different community each year as identified by Think Pacific
- Duration: Four weeks
- Dates: Thursday 31st May 2018 > Saturday 30th June 2018
- Accommodation: Home-stay with local families
- Fundraising: In addition to the fees each volunteer must raise a minimum of £400 which will be donated to Think Pacific activities.
Project Fees: £2300 (all first-time volunteers are eligible for our £250 bursary, which would make total fees payable £2050)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday 19th November 2017
Read full details on the Fiji project and learn how to apply here
Find out more:
INFORMATION SESSION - Headingley campus
We are hosting an information session for each project over the next two weeks, where we will talk specifically about a particular project, as well as the volunteering process. If you have 10 minutes to spare, please feel free to drop by and find out more (dates for each session below).
City Campus Monday 13th November, Rosebowl Lecture Theatre D Room 538, 5.00 - 6.00 pm: FIJI
Headingley Campus Tuesday 21st November, James Graham Lecture Theatre D, 6.00 - 7.00 pm: FIJI
We will announce details any rooms TBC via our Facebook page - please ensure that you are following us on social media to keep up-to-date with our latest news and events.
VOLUNTEERING FAIR - City Campus
On Monday 13th November 2017 as part of a Global Engagement Week we are running an International Volunteering & Partners Fair from 10am - 3pm in The Gateway, Leslie Silver Building (the area outside the library).You can meet previous volunteers, ask questions, learn more about the charities, watch videos, read newsletters and previous volunteers blogs, WIN hoodies and T-shirts - plus much more! Our Volunteer partners from the Students Union, and some local charities, will also be there for you to talk to about local volunteering opportunities available.
Facebook page - please ensure that you are following us on social media to keep updated with our latest news and events.