This coaching programme will provide you with a practical grounding and understanding of the differences between coaching and mentoring and the power of coaching and/or mentoring in developing individuals and organisations. It will also provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop your ability as a confident, well-practiced coach and/or mentor.
This is a comprehensive training programme that offers a balanced approach to both the theory and practice of coaching and/or mentoring. The training material targets the important concepts of coaching and/or mentoring aligned with the latest tools and techniques coaches and/or mentors can use.
This course is ideal for individuals who are currently involved in organisational coaching and/or mentoring as partof their day-to-day roles. It will also support those who are aspiring to move into a role as a freelance business coach and/or mentor.
On completion you will be able to
Within this programme you will develop your skills to:
- Enhance your existing skill set in order to support individuals to achieve higher levels of performance in
- Proactively plan and implement effective coaching and/or mentoring practice that will enable you to support
and develop individuals in the workplace
- Understand the contribution coaching and/or mentoring makes to the development of individuals
Identify coaching and/or mentoring tools and techniques
There are no formal entry requirements. However, it is expected that you should have access to coachees who have a workplace related goal, and that you should also have a willingness to apply coaching and/or mentoring skills to your practice.
- 12th May 2020 - Day 1
- 13th May 2020 - Day 2
- 2nd June 2020 - Half day group tutorial
- 29th June 2020 - Assessment 1 submission deadline
- 1st July 2020 - Day 3
- 2nd July 2020 - Day 4
- 3rd or 10th August 2020 - 1:1 tutorial
- 23rd September 2020 - Day 5
- 21st October 2020 - Assessment 2 submission deadline
- 9th December 2020 - 1:1 tutorial
- 25th January 2021 - Assessment 3 submission deadline
Five days and two sessions of tutorial support.
09:30 – 16:30 on all days.
This programme can be completed using almost any internet enabled device (including tablet/phone/desktop/laptop).
(The price is fully inclusive, as part of Leeds Beckett University we do not charge VAT)
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you are looking for. We can run the bespoke courses at your organisation or at our own campus in Leeds.
This is a highly participative and practical programme, which will be delivered over a series of sessions covering topics including:
• Understanding the skills for effective coaching
• Understanding the principles and practice of effective coaching
• Models of coaching
• How to undertake coaching
• Reviewing own ability as a management coach
• Coaching strategies & skills practice
• Facilitated feedback and review
Three written assessments, inclusive of a portfolio of coaching evidence.