This is a highly participative programme that provides a practical grounding and understanding of the differences between coaching and mentoring and the power of coaching in developing individuals and organisations. It also provides you with the knowledge and skills to develop your ability as a confident, well-practiced coach so that coaching becomes part of your everyday management activity.
This programme is accredited to ILM 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring
Managers with significant responsibility for coaching and mentoring as part of their day-to-day role. It will also support those who are planning to move into a development role or start a career as a freelance business coach and mentor.
On completion you will be able to
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the workplace coach and mentor.
- Plan and implement effective coaching interventions that will enable you to support and develop individual team members.
- Use a range of tools and techniques to support effective coaching and mentoring.
- Assess the effectiveness and the impact of coaching and mentoring in the workplace.
- Assess your own skills, behaviours and knowledge as a coach and mentor.
- Establish a plan of action that will help you to enhance your knowledge, skills and abilities.
There are no formal entry requirements however it is expected that you should be have substantial experience in a management or leadership role. A willingness to apply coaching skills in your role is a must.
- 22nd January 2020 - Day 1
- 23rd January 2020 - Day 2
- 12th February 2020 - Half day group tutorial
- 9th March 2020 - Assessment 1 submission deadline
- 11th March 2020 - Day 3
- 12th March 2020 - Day 4
- 22nd April 2020 - 1:1 tutorial
- 3rd June 2020 - Day 5
- 1st July 2020 - Assessment 2 submission deadline
- 19th August 2020 - 1:1 tutorial
- 2nd October 2020 - Assessment 3 submission deadline
- 12th May 2020 - Day 1
- 13th May 2020 - Day 2
- 2nd June 2020 - Half day group tutorial
- 29th June 2020 - Assessment 1 submission deadline
- 1st July 2020 - Day 3
- 2nd July 2020 - Day 4
- 12th August 2020 - 1:1 tutorial
- 23rd September 2020 - Day 5
- 21st October 2020 - Assessment 2 submission deadline
- 9th December 2020 - 1:1 tutorial
- 25th January 2021 - Assessment 3 submission deadline
There are five training days with an additional half-day group tutorial session and two 1-to-1 tutorial sessions.
It usually takes around 10 months for you to complete the Certificate.
09:30 – 16:30 on all days.
Leeds Beckett University
£1,700 - as a university, we do not add VAT to this cost and so this will be your final fee
We can design our courses to meet your specific business objectives, developing a tailored plan to deliver the results you are looking for. We can run the bespoke courses at your organisation or at our own campus in Leeds.
Understanding the skills, principles and practice of effective management coaching and mentoring
Consider the role and contribution of coaching and mentoring in your workplace, enabling you to build a clear business case.
Undertaking management coaching or mentoring in the workplace
Demonstrate your ability to plan, deliver and review at least 12 hours of coaching and mentoring in your workplace.
Reviewing own ability as a management coach or mentor
Critically review your own personal qualities, skills and competence.
The assessment gives you the opportunity to practice the skills vital to effective coaching in the workplace. The assessment consists of three written assignments; the first of 4,000 words, the second of 3,000 words plus a coaching diary, and the third of 3,000 words.
You will also need to evidence a minimum 12 hours of coaching or mentoring practice.
The deadline for submission of your first assessments will be around six weeks after the training; the second and third assessment deadlines are staggered to allow time between each of them.