BSc (Hons) Learning and Leadership Development (Military Accelerated Route)
BSc (Hons) Learning and Leadership Development
Location: City Campus
Length of Study: Part-time 2 ½ Years
Start Date: September
This cutting-edge programme is delivered by experts who are not just teaching management, leadership and people development subjects, but are also pioneering our understanding of management and leadership on a national and international basis.
From this informed position we have developed a practitioner focused programme that provides you with a broader and deeper understanding of organisational culture and dynamics, the key roles of the manager and the nature of influence.
Through exposure to the latest management theory and best practice tools presented in the form of case discussions, management immersion exercises and introspective reviews, you will gain unique insights in to how to develop a personal leadership style that is most effective for you and your desired career trajectory.
HM Forces: Those holding the rank of corporal or equivalent gain exemption from all modules of year one of the programme.
Today companies are looking for well-qualified managers who have the skill to bring out the best in their people. This award helps you to do just that and therefore is highly relevant for managers, consultants and independent trainers as it provides you with an informed understanding of how to inspire and bring out the best in your people.
Graduates can progress directly on to an MBA or MSc Executive Leadership and Governance at Leeds Beckett University.
Programme structure and Learning Content
- Global Management Practice
- Leadership and Talent Development
- Professional Practice in Learning and Development
- The Essentials of Coaching and Mentoring
- On-line and Blended Learning
- Learning and Development Context and Business Cases
- The Psychology of Learning
- Strategic Learning and Leadership Development
- Applied Learning and Leadership Development
- Dissertation (Double Module)
Leaders have always faced the job of inspiring others while making important decisions often with incomplete information, a trend that is not abating with today’s leadership being confronted with even more complex and challenging decisions set within the context of dynamic and fast moving environments. Our course embodies a diverse range of innovative subjects, issues and perspectives whilst having ‘applied’ leadership and people development as its central themes.
The programme helps you to advance your leadership skills by mastering:
- Recognise your preferred leadership style and appreciate how it can be adapted to exploit different leadership contexts and challenges.
- Understand your skills and determine how they can be used to optimise your career.
- Clearly define your life purpose and career goals and develop a powerful commitment to achieve them.
- Understand how to appreciate and exploit the ambiguity and chaos of leadership.
- Gain a heightened awareness of the needs, capabilities and expectations of followers and how to engage with them to bring out their best and create exceptional teams.
- Build your coaching mentality and understand how to have hard conversations, give and receive authentic feedback so that you can effectively manage conflict and foster high-performing teams.
- Learn how to build strategies and courageously applying ethical principles to solve your toughest challenges so as to build a culture of innovation.
- Know how to appreciate diversity and devise strategies that enable you to build exceptional teams ready for the future.
- Gain the skills and the tools to transform your learning and development function and influence strategic decisions in your organisation with your learning and development expertise.
- Ability to progress your career as both a manager and people development professional.
|11 - 13 September 2019||Global Management Practice||Leeds Beckett University (City Campus)||09:00 - 17:00 each day|
|13 - 15 November 2019||Leadership and Talent Development||Leeds Beckett University (City Campus)||09:00 - 17:00 each day|
|22 - 24 January 2020||Essentials of Coaching and Mentoring||Leeds Beckett University (City Campus)||09:00 - 17:00 each day|
|1 - 3 April 2020||Learning and Development Context and Business Cases||Leeds Beckett University (City Campus)||09:00 - 17:00 each day|
|1 - 3 July 2020||Professional Practice in Learning and 'Leadership' Development||Leeds Beckett University (City Campus)||09:00 - 17:00 each day|