- Study & Courses
- University Schools
- University Life
- About Us
- Leeds Beckett Websites:
- Current Students
- Quick Links (A-F)
- Quick Links (G-Z)
Life In Leeds
- 10 local days out for less than £10
- 10 Most Instagrammable Places In Leeds
- 12 days of Christmas fun in Leeds
- Leeds Insiders
- Student map of Leeds
- Why Leeds if...
- Your student town
- Food and Drink in Leeds
- Nightlife in Leeds
- Culture in Leeds
- Transport and Getting Around
- 10 Reasons You'll Love Living In Leeds
- Sport in Leeds
- 7 Things You Didn't Know About Leeds
- Where to take friends and family when they visit
- Making The Most Of Yorkshire
- Shopping in Leeds
- Festivals in Leeds
Jack Simpson, owner of Hyde Park Book Club
As co-owner of one of Leeds’s most popular student hangouts, Hyde Park Book Club, and editor of thestateofthearts.co.uk, the go-to place for Leeds arts, culture and politics news, Jack Simpson is definitely in the know when it comes to all the good stuff going on in Leeds.
How long have you lived here?
I was born here. I moved to London a few years ago, but I’ve since returned. There’s so much going on here, and it’s a lot more affordable.
What's the best thing you've ever done in Leeds?
Fallen in love. Played music.
Top five Leeds places and spaces
- York Road - I grew up just off it.
- Corn Exchange - beautiful
- River Aire - because water’s great :)
- Leeds University - had a great time there.
- The train station - super quick to get anywhere.
Describe Leeds in three words
Which city would you compare Leeds to?
Maybe Cologne. Similar size and make up.
Leeds is the best city because...
It’s affordable and highly cultural. This is how it feels to be in a city in bloom.
Dream weekend in Leeds?
If you were hosting someone new to the city, where would you take them first?
Hyde Park Book Club, of course!