Research at Leeds Beckett
About Dean Horsman
Dean Horsman is a Senior Lecturer in HRM/HRD, Leadership, Employee Engagement and Employment Relations. He is an active Corporate and Executive Coach and former Client Manager for the National NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme through the NHS Leadership Academy.
He is a client and customer focussed, commercially minded, HR and OD professional, consultant, corporate and executive coach and academic. With over 25 years’ experience, he is a specialist with extensive knowledge, skills and research interests in corporate and executive coaching, team coaching, employee engagement, employee relations, internal communications, leadership and management development, learning and development gained within public, private and third sector business and education environments.
- Undergraduate BA(Hons) in Business & HRM
- Employee Relations
- Employee Resourcing
- Human Resource Management
- Leadership, Strategy & Change
- Management & Leadership Development
- Strategic HRM
- MA in Human Resource Management
- MSc in International HRM
- Employee Engagement
- Managing Employment Relations
- Employee Resourcing
- Leading, Managing & Developing People
- Leadership & Management Development
- Skills for Individual and Organisational Effectiveness
- Strategic Context of HRM
- MBA (Organising and Managing for Performance).
Dean is also a PG Dissertation and Research Supervisor.
Dean's current research interests are focussed on emotional and employee engagement (DBA), emotional intelligence and leadership development; team coaching and development, team dynamics and team effectiveness.
Dean is currently working with Dr Julia Claxton on publishing and disseminating their research into Team Coaching.
Conference contributions (3)
- Horsman DP (2015) Leader Emotional Engagement, Intelligence and Development (LEEID) Cork, Ireland 03/06/2015.
- Claxton J; horsman D; Zhang C (2015) Team Coaching - Passion, Purpose and Sustainability Cork, Ireland 03/06/2015.
- Claxton J; Horsman D; Gold J (2014) Developing the Concept of Team Coaching Krakow, Poland 24/06/2014.
Conference proceedings (peer reviewed) (2)
- Horsman DP (2013) To what extent does an individual's emotional attachment influence their willingness to engage, learn and perform at work?. In: University Forum for Human Resource Development Brighton, UK 05/06/2013 00:00:00. : , pp. .
- Barraclough S; Claxton J; Gaston S; Glaister C; Horsman D; James C; Preece D (2012) HRD in 2020: The era of the individual?. In: 'HRD in 2020', European HRD Conference Portugal . : , pp. .