Northern Film School Festival Update for April
29 April 2018
The latest round up of festival news from the Northern Film School.
A coming-of-age short drama that follows a story of a mixed-race loner who starts a job at the local apple orchard after losing his granny. Little information he learns there about his past becomes the driving force for Zac’s desire to change his outside life both at home and at work and the already cold relationship with his grandfather is challenged.
Writer & Director: Milda Baginskaite
Producer: Pilar Catrό Benavides
Production: The Northern Film School, MA Filmmaking Drama (Graduation Film 2017)
- Official Selection: Chennai Short Film Festival 2018, India
- Official Selection: Bucharest ShortCut Festival 2018, Romania
A comedy-heist film centring on Reza, an entrepreneurial Middle Eastern man who works at a car wash but aims to get a large-scale business off the ground with no financial backing. Can Reza convince others he is a genuine businessperson, get them to believe in him and pull it all off?
Director: Joseph Simmons
Producer: Rebekkah Karen Haysom
Writer: Sean Brown
Production: The Northern Film School, MA Filmmaking (2017)
Awards & Nominations:
- Official Selection: Love Your Shorts Film Festival 2018, USA (Monroe Short Film Winner, 2018)
- Official Selection: Fastnet Film Festival 2018, Ireland
- In Competition: Gatfest Short Film Festival 2018, Jamaica
A young girl and her pet cat are torn apart after a devastating accident. As the cat fades out of consciousness, he recalls the lasting memories of their relationship.
Animator, Director & Producer: Charlotte Thomas
Production: The Northern Film School, BA3 Filmmaking Animation (Graduation Film 2017)
- RTS Student Television Award 2017 – Regional Winner (Animation)
Two bodies move on the screen, hiding away, concealing like a memory. An unknown female voice tells us a story about senses. What happens when you can't see, but you can feel? A visual poem for two bodies and one voice.
Director: Matteo Palmas & Francesco Puppini
Producer: Eryk Sawicki
Production: The Northern Film School, BA2 Experimental Film
- Official Selection: 3rd Cascadia Dance and Cinema Festival, Canada